+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Expiring by April 01, 2024. OINP Application (International Student Stream)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes that’s a big change. Now students with a one year certificate course from an Ontario college are eligible for OINP.
It is but when was the last International Student draw? And past draws were focused on specific NOCS in IT, healthcare and trades were they not. So students thinking they have an easy path may still not.

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
It is but when was the last International Student draw? And past draws were focused on specific NOCS in IT, healthcare and trades were they not. So students thinking they have an easy path may still not.
That’s realistic assessment.
My employer is willing to give me job offer for OINP and LMIA for express entry. What should I ask.
After one year certificate course I’m Woking full time since last six months. My one year experience will be in July 24. PGWP is expiring in August. After LMIA crs will be 510 only.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That’s realistic assessment.
My employer is willing to give me job offer for OINP and LMIA for express entry. What should I ask.
After one year certificate course I’m Woking full time since last six months. My one year experience will be in July 24. PGWP is expiring in August. After LMIA crs will be 510 only.
What is your NOC and OINP score? Have these two factors been selected in past OINP - International student draws? If employer is willing to go through the LMIA process then that may be the best option. The LMIA can take months to process so make sure employer is familiar with process and willing to submit paperwork.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/permanent.html

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
41402 - Business development officers and market researchers and analysts. I’m getting $27/hour in Toronto.
In OINP low wage job offer is required whereas its median for LMIA (in express entry). As per job bank in Toronto for this noc code wage is 22(L) 42(M) and 75(H)
That’s why I am interested in OINP. My score is 70. What do you suggest.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
41402 - Business development officers and market researchers and analysts. I’m getting $27/hour in Toronto.
In OINP low wage job offer is required whereas its median for LMIA (in express entry). As per job bank in Toronto for this noc code wage is 22(L) 42(M) and 75(H)
That’s why I am interested in OINP. My score is 70. What do you suggest.
Has your NOC and OINP score been selected in past OINP draws? If so, when? As that may be a factor in asking employer for LMIA. For LMIA, they will need to show median wage of $42 after posting the job.

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
I searched and found that in June 2023 my job description (under noc code 4163) was selected in Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
Regarding LMIA, it is difficult to ask the employer to enhance my wage from $27 to 42 as it’s my first job. I did my internship there and they gave me full time job which is not easy nowadays. They are planning to enhance it to $35 from February 24.
Please guide if for LMIA purpose median wage $42 can be written in my offer or they will have to pay it actually. Or I should change the NOC code to a lower wage side which covers my present job requirements

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I searched and found that in June 2023 my job description (under noc code 4163) was selected in Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
Regarding LMIA, it is difficult to ask the employer to enhance my wage from $27 to 42 as it’s my first job. I did my internship there and they gave me full time job which is not easy nowadays. They are planning to enhance it to $35 from February 24.
Please guide if for LMIA purpose median wage $42 can be written in my offer or they will have to pay it actually. Or I should change the NOC code to a lower wage side which covers my present job requirements
If your score is 511, you should get an ITA at some point this year.

For OINP, if employer is will to support nomination then go that route.

LMIA is not really an option if score is 511 and employer has to go through recruitment efforts for your job. For LMIA and supporting your PR application, they will be posting your job on job sites. So will need to post the median wage not for the NOC, but LMIA requirements. The wage is fine. They need to show their recruitment efforts in hiring a Canadian or PR.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/permanent.html

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
If your score is 511, you should get an ITA at some point this year.

For OINP, if employer is will to support nomination then go that route.

LMIA is not really an option if score is 511 and employer has to go through recruitment efforts for your job. For LMIA and supporting your PR application, they will be posting your job on job sites. So will need to post the median wage not for the NOC, but LMIA requirements. The wage is fine. They need to show their recruitment efforts in hiring a Canadian or PR.

Thanks. What I understand now is:

Its better to go for express entry (Canadian experience instead of OINP (international students, with job offer stream) as Ontario invites NOC codes of IT, healthcare and trades only. There is hope for getting ITA at CRS 110 anytime during current year.

I will complete one year experience in July 2024 and reach this score after LMIA from my employer. My only problem is that presently I am getting $27/hrs. Whereas for LMIA purpose, as per job bank median wage for Toronto is mentioned $45/hrs (for my NOC code 41402 market researcher).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks. What I understand now is:

Its better to go for express entry (Canadian experience instead of OINP (international students, with job offer stream) as Ontario invites NOC codes of IT, healthcare and trades only. There is hope for getting ITA at CRS 110 anytime during current year.

I will complete one year experience in July 2024 and reach this score after LMIA from my employer. My only problem is that presently I am getting $27/hrs. Whereas for LMIA purpose, as per job bank median wage for Toronto is mentioned $45/hrs (for my NOC code 41402 market researcher).
Only way to find out is for employer to file for LMIA.

Oladimeji2208

Apr 10, 2021
I was selected in the draw held yesterday for the OINP International Student Stream. I have 14 days to submit the required documents, however with my PGWP expiring by April 1, I will submit all my documents for the OINP while I still have my PGWP but my question is will I be able to continue working while the application is in process, can I apply for a work permit based on the fact that my OINP application is in review?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I was selected in the draw held yesterday for the OINP International Student Stream. I have 14 days to submit the required documents, however with my PGWP expiring by April 1, I will submit all my documents for the OINP while I still have my PGWP but my question is will I be able to continue working while the application is in process, can I apply for a work permit based on the fact that my OINP application is in review?
No you can’t keep working just based on PNP application is in progress. You need to extend your work permit. You can get LMIA or you need to be nominated by province to extend it . Other option is if you didn’t got nominated by that time , you need to switch your status to visitor and stop working.

Oladimeji2208

Apr 10, 2021
I am currently working for an Ontario-based construction company but my current assignment location is on a site in Gatineau, Quebec, and as per OINP guidelines my work location should be in Ottawa. I reached out to my employer about this and they a currently processing my transfer to an Ontario-based site. My job offer letter states that my work location will be the Ontario district office. Do I need to write a LOE to explain all this?

Last edited: