+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expires May 2023

faythebest

May 1, 2016
Hello. I hope you are doing well. My Post graduate work permit is expiring in May 2023. I am still waiting for the draw to happen for the Express entry, I have 470 points. I tried to bring my points up by doing again the french test (TEF) but the results came out the same. I did IELTS last year but still did not get enough points. I'm planning to do CELPIP soon. I am working full-time at a French school (Viamonde) and have a good position.

I'm afraid that immigration Canada won't lower the points before May and I may have to leave Canada. I have studied and worked hard. Canada is my home. I don't want to go back to my country because there is no future there, it is unstable politically. Will PNP be an option? I was told that I can have two portals, Express entry and PNP.

I had to get a lawyer to help me with the process because it is so confusing. She has re-applied the extend my work permit. I hope I get it. She also told me to re-do the English test and then we'll see the next step.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello. I hope you are doing well. My Post graduate work permit is expiring in May 2023. I am still waiting for the draw to happen for the Express entry, I have 470 points. I tried to bring my points up by doing again the french test (TEF) but the results came out the same. I did IELTS last year but still did not get enough points. I'm planning to do CELPIP soon. I am working full-time at a French school (Viamonde) and have a good position.

I'm afraid that immigration Canada won't lower the points before May and I may have to leave Canada. I have studied and worked hard. Canada is my home. I don't want to go back to my country because there is no future there, it is unstable politically. Will PNP be an option? I was told that I can have two portals, Express entry and PNP.

I had to get a lawyer to help me with the process because it is so confusing. She has re-applied the extend my work permit. I hope I get it. She also told me to re-do the English test and then we'll see the next step.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
How are you eligible to extend your work permit unless you have an approved LMIA with your employer? The lawyer would know you are not eligible. Research PNP programs and see what programs you are eligible for based on your CRS score, NOC and provincial score (if there is one). Look at Quebec immigration program instead for Express Entry.

faythebest

May 1, 2016
Thank you for your reply. She applied to restore my work permit. She said that I only received the extension via email until May 2023 and will need to be restored. I hope she knows what she is doing. Multiple friends recommended the firm. I'll tell her to search for PNP programs first. And will look into Quebec immigration.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply. She applied to restore my work permit. She said that I only received the extension via email until May 2023 and will need to be restored. I hope she knows what she is doing. Multiple friends recommended the firm. I'll tell her to search for PNP programs first. And will look into Quebec immigration.
?? How can she restore your permit and extend it? Under what circumstances? Since you are paying her then ask her since she would be a licensed immigration lawyer. I don't see how it can be extend.

faythebest

May 1, 2016
She already submitted it. I have a zoom call with her on Monday. Will ask her for all the details. She is a licensed immigration lawyer. Weird.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
She already submitted it. I have a zoom call with her on Monday. Will ask her for all the details. She is a licensed immigration lawyer. Weird.
What was the result after talking to your lawyer because I can not see a legal reason how she could restore and extend your work permit. Additionally, you should have placed more attention on PNP. Express entry resume draws in July 2022, which means you probably wasted half of 2022 dreaming about express entry with low points.

Your lawyer should also be advising you about PNP. Sounds like you are not being represented well.

David788

Oct 8, 2023
Hello everyone hop u all are doing good?
For these are looking for how to got a good score B2+ C1 and C2 in tef exam . let me help you. Merci