+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expired prematurely because of passport expiry

SS_1234

Aug 11, 2019
Hellow Experts,

I graduated in August 2018 and was supposed to get a 3-year PGWP after 2 years of study but PGWP was issued for only one and half years because my old passport expiry in February 2020. Now I have renewed my old passport and have to apply for the PGWP for the remaining time duration of 1.5 years.

I had 2 specific questions -
1) Can I apply online for this.
2) Can anyone share the explanation letter template to be used in this situation and what all information we need to mention in the letter.

Regards,
Shikha S.

Navpreet0817

May 29, 2019
Hellow Experts,

I graduated in August 2018 and was supposed to get a 3-year PGWP after 2 years of study but PGWP was issued for only one and half years because my old passport expiry in February 2020. Now I have renewed my old passport and have to apply for the PGWP for the remaining time duration of 1.5 years.

I had 2 specific questions -
1) Can I apply online for this.
2) Can anyone share the explanation letter template to be used in this situation and what all information we need to mention in the letter.

Regards,
Shikha S.
1. I called CIC and I was told to strictly apply through mail.

Navpreet0817

May 29, 2019
Hi

-----------------------------------------------------
To : Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada July 01, 2019
RE: Application for Post Graduation Work Permit Extension.

Subject : Regarding extension of Post Graduate Student Work Permit

Dear Officer ,

My name is “Your Full Name” and I am currently on Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) “UXXXXXXXXX”, which expires on January 01 2015. I am an Indian national and my passport id is XXXXXXXX.

I completed two years post secondary diploma in “Course Name” from “Institution Name” on January 01, 2015. My study permit id was “FXXXXXXXXX”. At the time when I applied for Post Graduate Work Permit in January 2015 my passport only had one year left to expiry date. I was granted PGWP for 11 months ending on 01 January 2015.

My Indian passport has been reissued for 10 years, new passport number is XXXXXXX and it expires in 01/01/2025.

I request you to consider my application for extension of my Post Graduation Work Permit for the remaining period taking into account duration of my two years post graduation diploma program.

Thank you,

Yours sincerely,

Your Full Name

Street Address,

City Postal Code

Province, Canada

Cell: XXXXXXXXXX

----------------------------------------------------------
Change the dates,write your name and all the information should you add ..

Please let me know if you still need some help

Good luck