+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP eligibilty

Lex412

Jun 24, 2018
Hello,

I got a letter of acceptance from Ontario college.
The program is a full time with length of one academic year ( 2 semester)- this is stated on the letter of acceptance.

However, looking at the start date, and end date :
First Day of Classes: 2019-05-06
End Date: 2019-12-13
The actual calendar duration is 7 month and one week.

Which brings me to my question- I am interested in obtaining PGWP by CIC after I will graduate, but one of the criteria is program length of at least 8 months.
Now I dont know if this program is valid to get PGWP after, since it is clearly under 8 month. However, it is still considered one year academic program.

1) Is this program stands valid for CIC PGWP criteria?
2) how long I will get my PGWP for?

Thank you

saurabh009

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
IELTS Request
The length of the program Depends on how much courses you do during each semester. To remain full time you generally have to take 3.

saurabh009

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
IELTS Request
Then you will get a 1 yr work visa. Because it's written on your loa that your program is 1yr ..

mkelleci

Mar 24, 2018
Istanbul
Anyone else here maybe knows?
I have concerns regarding the same issue. Have you made any progress on the process? I have applied many Post Graduate Certificate programs and they are all 2 semesters, changing from 28 to 30 weeks which doesn't add up to 8 months. In terms of calendar days they are between 7 months and 8 months. I am hoping anything greater than 7 months is counted as 8 months and eligible to PWGP. Otherwise most of the programs would not be eligible.

One LOA that I recevied is below.

We are pleased to tell you that you have been admitted to Fanshawe College as a full-time student to:
PROGRAM: Marketing Management (MKM1)
Start Date: January 7, 2019 End Date: August 26, 2019
Level: Graduate Certificate Program
Program Status: Full-Time

I really need a relief on this :)

Thanks & Regards

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I have concerns regarding the same issue. Have you made any progress on the process? I have applied many Post Graduate Certificate programs and they are all 2 semesters, changing from 28 to 30 weeks which doesn't add up to 8 months. In terms of calendar days they are between 7 months and 8 months. I am hoping anything greater than 7 months is counted as 8 months and eligible to PWGP. Otherwise most of the programs would not be eligible.

One LOA that I recevied is below.

We are pleased to tell you that you have been admitted to Fanshawe College as a full-time student to:
PROGRAM: Marketing Management (MKM1)
Start Date: January 7, 2019 End Date: August 26, 2019
Level: Graduate Certificate Program
Program Status: Full-Time

I really need a relief on this :)

Thanks & Regards
Take a longer course is my advice. 1 year PGWP is pretty much useless if you don't get work right away

Madhu_Khanna

Aug 1, 2018
Do eight months graduate certificates programmes are euivalent to one year program in Canada. If I have three years degree from India and complete a graduate programmes of Eight months duration. Will I fall under two or more degree diploma or certificate of which one is three years or more under express entry.

sherlyn123

May 3, 2018
Hi guys!
I'm planning to do one year course this september 2018 intake which will end by April end. Am i eligible for 3 years work permit if i do another course in september 2019. There will be 4 months gap in between studies.

Any insight on this is highly appreciated.