+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Eligibilty

sq96

Star Member
Aug 19, 2015
Hi all,

I was enrolled in a 3 year advanced diploma program here in Ontario, I studied Fall 15 -> Summer 17 (Summer 17 being a work term).

In fall I decided to change programs to the 2 year variant of the same progarm I was in (More or less same thing but it is shorter by 1 year), but there was a little issue I was only able to register for 2 courses as the other courses are only availible during the winter semester - I need a total of 6 courses to graduate and get my diploma, So i'm studying part-time right now taking only 2 courses. I plan to take the rest next semester.

How will this situation affect my eligibility towards getting a PGWP?

I had no choice but to take 2 courses as the other courses ARE winter courses and not availible during the fall semester.

Thanks

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all,

I was enrolled in a 3 year advanced diploma program here in Ontario, I studied Fall 15 -> Summer 17 (Summer 17 being a work term).

In fall I decided to change programs to the 2 year variant of the same progarm I was in (More or less same thing but it is shorter by 1 year), but there was a little issue I was only able to register for 2 courses as the other courses are only availible during the winter semester - I need a total of 6 courses to graduate and get my diploma, So i'm studying part-time right now taking only 2 courses. I plan to take the rest next semester.

How will this situation affect my eligibility towards getting a PGWP?

I had no choice but to take 2 courses as the other courses ARE winter courses and not availible during the fall semester.

Thanks
Hi

Yes, being part-time in the middle of the course can most certainly affect your eligibility for a PGWP.