+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Duration

ahmad.ninety

Dec 3, 2019
Hi, If a person completes two educational programs (each program is 12 month in duration, and satisfies all PGWP requirements) but there is a gap between the two programs (because of admission dates) then what will be the length of work permit afterwards?

According to official website "If The student completed more than one program from an eligible DLI within 2 years." then "The length of the work permit should combine the length of each program"

My question is if the student is not able to complete the two programs within two years and there is a gap because of admission deadlines etc., then what will be the applicable length of work permit??

Thank you for your time.

Ask_Arsh

Star Member
Sep 2, 2019
Winnipeg, MB
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2018
LANDED..........
12-06-2018
Hi, If a person completes two educational programs (each program is 12 month in duration, and satisfies all PGWP requirements) but there is a gap between the two programs (because of admission dates) then what will be the length of work permit afterwards?

According to official website "If The student completed more than one program from an eligible DLI within 2 years." then "The length of the work permit should combine the length of each program"

My question is if the student is not able to complete the two programs within two years and there is a gap because of admission deadlines etc., then what will be the applicable length of work permit??

Thank you for your time.
It depends on the gap period. How long of a gap do you have and did you apply for Work permit or worked full time during that time?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thank you for your time.
If both programs are not completed within 2 years, then only the most recent program will be considered for PGWP.

ahmad.ninety

Dec 3, 2019
It depends on the gap period. How long of a gap do you have and did you apply for Work permit or worked full time during that time?
I don't intend to work in the period between the two programs, and it seems the gap will be of 6 months. How will this effect PGWP?