+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Denied - is my CSQ Valid?

Copito Cute

Dec 18, 2020
I applied for both at the same time (OCT 05th) - But my PGWP was denied. Is my CSQ Valid still?

What could I do to have my PGWP approved again? I'm currently out of status, need to apply for restoration - but as a visitor or as a student? I don't know what's best since I already finished my study program...?

Please help! Thank you!

jack20

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
21-10-2020
I applied for both at the same time (OCT 05th) - But my PGWP was denied. Is my CSQ Valid still?

What could I do to have my PGWP approved again? I'm currently out of status, need to apply for restoration - but as a visitor or as a student? I don't know what's best since I already finished my study program...?

Please help! Thank you!
It's not clear your situation, you have a csq or you apply?
The PGWP is gived once you can't have a second one.
If you have the CSQ and applied for PR you was able to have Closed WP but not anymore.
If im not wrong also your not eligible to have a 2 PGWP even if you study again

jack20

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
21-10-2020
If you have the CSQ and applied for PR you was able to have Closed WP but not anymore.
For more info about your situation i suggest you to call a immigration office they do 15 min free consulting and they say if its any possibility and after you chose if you do alone the applications or hire the office.
I was to a delicate position too and they helped me.
The office name is Canadim, give a try and see if is something for you.
Have a nice day

Copito Cute

Dec 18, 2020

- I applied for the CSQ - currently waiting.
- I know the PGWP cannot be given twice. But, if they deny it the first time, and I decide to apply again, do I have to restore my status as a student or as a visitor? (I'm out of status because of the denial of PGWP).

Copito Cute

Dec 18, 2020
For more info about your situation i suggest you to call a immigration office they do 15 min free consulting and they say if its any possibility and after you chose if you do alone the applications or hire the office.
I was to a delicate position too and they helped me.
The office name is Canadim, give a try and see if is something for you.
Have a nice day

Sorry my previous answer may have been vague.

- Applied for both at the same time CSQ and PGWP.
- Is my CSQ still valid if it arrives and I don't have a PGWP?

- If I try again and apply for a PGWP (I'm currently out of status) but should I restore my status as a student or as a visitor?.

Have a good day, thank you for helping...!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Sorry my previous answer may have been vague.

- Applied for both at the same time CSQ and PGWP.
- Is my CSQ still valid if it arrives and I don't have a PGWP?

- If I try again and apply for a PGWP (I'm currently out of status) but should I restore my status as a student or as a visitor?.

Have a good day, thank you for helping...!
Yes your csq should be valid if you applied it with a valid status (at the time of application)

Why was your pgwp refused? Yes, you can restore your status and apply for it again and if you can address refusal reasons strongly you may get a pgwp. (Search pgwp refusal - restoration of status on cic website). A refusal gets overturned if it was wrongly issued.

All the best.

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
What could I do to have my PGWP approved again? I'm currently out of status, need to apply for restoration - but as a visitor or as a student? I don't know what's best since I already finished my study program...? Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

Last edited:

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
But this is your first PGWP or are you applying for a second one? PGWP and CSQ are two different things. The CSQ is under provincial government and PGWP is under Federal Government.

Copito Cute

Dec 18, 2020
Yes your csq should be valid if you applied it with a valid status (at the time of application)

Why was your pgwp refused? Yes, you can restore your status and apply for it again and if you can address refusal reasons strongly you may get a pgwp. (Search pgwp refusal - restoration of status on cic website). A refusal gets overturned if it was wrongly issued.

All the best.
Thank you for your input.
Because I consulted a lawyer and he sounds very pushy for me to apply for Refugee status (which is very risky for me) I don't really want to take that option and if possible I would leave it for the very last.

He wasn't able to give me any information on whether or not my CSQ was still valid.
He also did not let me know of options to apply for restoration or if it was best to restore my status as a student or as a visitor (because I'm no longer a student and I'm trying to avoid another refusal). The thing is that the application for restoration is the same for the PGWP, do I apply for the PGWP being a visitor? I'm not sure.

Reactions: Mauvaise_vibe

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you for your input.
Because I consulted a lawyer and he sounds very pushy for me to apply for Refugee status (which is very risky for me) I don't really want to take that option and if possible I would leave it for the very last.

He wasn't able to give me any information on whether or not my CSQ was still valid.
He also did not let me know of options to apply for restoration or if it was best to restore my status as a student or as a visitor (because I'm no longer a student and I'm trying to avoid another refusal). The thing is that the application for restoration is the same for the PGWP, do I apply for the PGWP being a visitor? I'm not sure.
Reason for your pgwp refusal?

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
If you have a CSQ there is no reason for a lawyer to tell you to go for a refuge claim. There is one part of the story that you are not sharing or you don't have a CSQ. The PGWP is only granted one time, so how do you expect to get an extension of it?

Reactions: Immstu