+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Confusion

May 5, 2021
Hello, I'd like to confirm some details. I'm currently an International student from India and am about to complete my 4-year Bachelor's degree.
1. On the PGWP application, it asks for the original entry to Canada. I visited Canada multiple times between 2014-2017 before officially entering 2017 under the study permit. Should I put the earliest date on my application (2014) or the date I entered as a student (2017)?
2. My first application for a study permit was rejected due to insufficient documents. How do I explain this in the background section to avoid being rejected for the PGWP?
3. I have spoken English my entire life and completed my high school education in the US so I never had to take a test to assess my proficiency in English. Will I need to take one?
4. Can I work part-time till I receive notice about the completion of my studies and can then work full-time once I apply for the PGWP?

Thank you in advance.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Hello, I'd like to confirm some details. I'm currently an International student from India and am about to complete my 4-year Bachelor's degree.
1. On the PGWP application, it asks for the original entry to Canada. I visited Canada multiple times between 2014-2017 before officially entering 2017 under the study permit. Should I put the earliest date on my application (2014) or the date I entered as a student (2017)?
2. My first application for a study permit was rejected due to insufficient documents. How do I explain this in the background section to avoid being rejected for the PGWP?
3. I have spoken English my entire life and completed my high school education in the US so I never had to take a test to assess my proficiency in English. Will I need to take one?
4. Can I work part-time till I receive notice about the completion of my studies and can then work full-time once I apply for the PGWP?

Thank you in advance.
1. You have to enter the date of your first entry to Canada as well as the place such as Toronto Pearson Airport (YYZ).
2. You simply have to mention the rejection along with the date it was rejected (e.g March 2014) as well as the reason for the rejection. It won't impact your PGWP application, you just have to be as honest as possible.
3. No, a language test is not required for PGWP.
4. You must stop working as soon as you receive your final grades. Not doing so will be considered illegal and will lead to deportation and a ban. Once you apply for PGWP, you can work full-time until a decision is made on your application.

Best of luck!