+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP - CEC - Implied status - Bridging Permit

djtlg

Jan 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have been searching for the past our for my situation but could not find very acurate answer.

I have received my ATI December 2016. Gathered necessary documents and submitted everything on the second week of January 2017. Eversince than I am waiting for results. Currently my profile says my background check is in progress. I am currently staying and working in Canada under my PGWP which is ending next month. My question/confusion is that weather implied status covers me? If it does cover me do I need to apply for bridging open work permit or any other permit? Can anyone with similar situtaion share their experience. I would really appreciate any input.
Thanks,
TLG

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
djtlg said:
Hello everyone,

I have been searching for the past our for my situation but could not find very acurate answer.

I have received my ATI December 2016. Gathered necessary documents and submitted everything on the second week of January 2017. Eversince than I am waiting for results. Currently my profile says my background check is in progress. I am currently staying and working in Canada under my PGWP which is ending next month. My question/confusion is that weather implied status covers me? If it does cover me do I need to apply for bridging open work permit or any other permit? Can anyone with similar situtaion share their experience. I would really appreciate any input.
Thanks,
TLG
I would say apply for BOWP to cover yourself while you wait for PR decision. If you apply for BOWP it DOES cover when your wp expires next month, you would be in "implied status", you can keep working with your current employer until decision.

If you get your PR before they have touched your BOWP application you can request a refund of the 255 $ fee for BOWP.
If you get a positive result of BOWP before PR you can work for any employer since BOWP is a OPEN work permit