+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP approved, SIN updated automatically?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello,

My pgwp got approved yesterday. Do I need to visit serviceCanada to get my SIN updated? Or its taken care of automatically?

CRA website says nothing about it but only address change. My guess is that SIN number stays same as when I was student.

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello,

My pgwp got approved yesterday. Do I need to visit serviceCanada to get my SIN updated? Or its taken care of automatically?

CRA website says nothing about it but only address change. My guess is that SIN number stays same as when I was student.

Thanks
The SIN will remain the same but I suspect that you will need to physically go to Service Canada to get the expiry date changed to match the date of your PGWP expiry. Don't assume that IRCC will inform Service Canada.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
The SIN will remain the same but I suspect that you will need to physically go to Service Canada to get the expiry date changed to match the date of your PGWP expiry. Don't assume that IRCC will inform Service Canada.
I appreciate you reading and replying to my thread. Thanks as in past also no one has ever replied to my threads. Genuinely overwhelmed. I will go in person to servicecanada. Cheers mate

Reactions: tinu28111987