+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP approved, but I only received a visa stamped on Passport.

khoicoma

Apr 3, 2017
My PGWP application got approved last week. The IRCC requested me to sent the passport to get a visa stamped.

I did and received the passport stamped back. However, I have not got any Work Permit document in a hard copy yet.

I only have a file from IRCC account that says my PGWP was approved. It notes that:

"Your application to work in Canada has been approved. A permit authorizing you to work will be
issued to you on your arrival to Canada following an examination by an officer of the Canada
Border Services Agency
."
"The officer will ask to see this letter, your
passport and may request to see your supporting documents."

I have been in Canada already. How can I get the Work Permit in a hard copy ? Or something went wrong ?

Please tell me what I should do.

Thanks.

khoicoma

Apr 3, 2017
You are in Canada now?

Then you need to contact IRCC and tell them this. They think you are not in Canada.
Thanks for your reply.

I have been in Canada for years. I have tried to call them on every number, but I only met the auto-reply machine.

If they thought me in oversea, why did they send my passport back to my Canada address ? In the Passport Request letter, they wanted me to send to their Ottawa office, not an oversea one.

Last edited:

khoicoma

Apr 3, 2017
Submit a webform.

Call them earlier in the morning when they open.
Thanks.

Finally, they answered the phone. They sent me an email instructs me to request through the Webform.

Hopefully, I would get it soon.

I think I can continue working full-time. Is it right ?

Although the email says: "Unless authorized to do so, you must wait to obtain the WP before starting to work."

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Are you sure you filled form as in Canada application? Because you should not have received TRV if you applied as in Canada, a TRV is a separate application.

Yes you can work because you have a permit you just don't have the piece of paper.

Reactions: khoicoma

khoicoma

Apr 3, 2017
Are you sure you filled form as in Canada application? Because you should not have received TRV if you applied as in Canada, a TRV is a separate application.

Yes you can work because you have a permit you just don't have the piece of paper.
Thanks.

I’m sure because I checked the form saved in my computer, I had answered “Canada” for the question “Current country of residence”.