+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP approved but asking for medical exam

muabajwa

Jul 7, 2016
Hi there, I have been studying in Calgary as international students for about 6 years. Recently graduated and applied for PGWP from Calgary. Received notification from cic and checked the cic account, it says decision approved and application closed. but in messages, there is a medical form asking me to get medical exam and submit.

My question is: why am i supposed to get medical exam when im applying from within Canada and especially when I have been living here for 6 years. All my friends who got heir PGWP about a year ago and previously were not required to take any medical exam. Did CIC change something recently and now require local applicants of PGWP for medical? Also, it says application approved, no further document need and application closed then do i still need to send in my medical?

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which course did you complete from calgary?
muabajwa said:
Hi there, I have been studying in Calgary as international students for about 6 years. Recently graduated and applied for PGWP from Calgary. Received notification from cic and checked the cic account, it says decision approved and application closed. but in messages, there is a medical form asking me to get medical exam and submit.

My question is: why am i supposed to get medical exam when im applying from within Canada and especially when I have been living here for 6 years. All my friends who got heir PGWP about a year ago and previously were not required to take any medical exam. Did CIC change something recently and now require local applicants of PGWP for medical? Also, it says application approved, no further document need and application closed then do i still need to send in my medical?