+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP application

Jen4

Jan 24, 2024
Category........
WP
Hello!!
I have a few questions. Please let me know if you have any info for me.
1. When applying PGWP, will it say WP-EXT or anything else because I'm so confused if I applied for PGWP or an extension.
2. I did a two-year program but received only one year instead of three years of this permit which expires in June 2024. I've been talking to the IRCC call center agents almost every other week to make changes to 3 years and two follow up requests has been sent for my application to the visa office so far. I'm frustrated and worried that I'm not getting updates from IRCC. I would like to know what will be my options to continue my stay in canada.
3. Should I raise a webform for this request to approve for 3 years, would that make it more effective?

Any help would be appreciated much!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello!!
I have a few questions. Please let me know if you have any info for me.
1. When applying PGWP, will it say WP-EXT or anything else because I'm so confused if I applied for PGWP or an extension.
2. I did a two-year program but received only one year instead of three years of this permit which expires in June 2024. I've been talking to the IRCC call center agents almost every other week to make changes to 3 years and two follow up requests has been sent for my application to the visa office so far. I'm frustrated and worried that I'm not getting updates from IRCC. I would like to know what will be my options to continue my stay in canada.
3. Should I raise a webform for this request to approve for 3 years, would that make it more effective?

Any help would be appreciated much!!
So you have an approved PGWP? Why are you eligible for 3 year permit? What was program and where? You have waited a long time to ask for reconsideration.

You are raising a webform to ask for reconsideration. It may or may not be accepted.

Jen4

Jan 24, 2024
Category........
WP
So you have an approved PGWP? Why are you eligible for 3 year permit? What was program and where? You have waited a long time to ask for reconsideration.

You are raising a webform to ask for reconsideration. It may or may not be accepted.
I did Healthcare Administration Management program at Fanshawe College, London, ON which is a 2 year program ( 4 semesters). There has been so many errors made with my application on IRCC side. They denied at first and I requested reconsideration and when they approved it, they gave it for 1 year. The IRCC call center agents informed that I cannot do another reconsideration that's why they send 2 follow up request on my application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did Healthcare Administration Management program at Fanshawe College, London, ON which is a 2 year program ( 4 semesters). There has been so many errors made with my application on IRCC side. They denied at first and I requested reconsideration and when they approved it, they gave it for 1 year. The IRCC call center agents informed that I cannot do another reconsideration that's why they send 2 follow up request on my application
But if you got PGWP last summer, it has been over 150 days. What was the error on IRCC side.

Jen4

Jan 24, 2024
Category........
WP
But if you got PGWP last summer, it has been over 150 days. What was the error on IRCC side.
They requested the document that I submitted already and when I submitted the document, they denied my application. The refusal letter stated the same info and date that was on the request letter for the document. When I followed up, some agent mentioned it should've been human error.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They requested the document that I submitted already and when I submitted the document, they denied my application. The refusal letter stated the same info and date that was on the request letter for the document. When I followed up, some agent mentioned it should've been human error.
So have you submitted reconsideration request again? If not do so. If refused, you will have to look a going through Judicial Review with the federal courts.

Jen4

Jan 24, 2024
Category........
WP
But I was told that reconsideration can be submitted only after refusal of application. Please correct me if I'm wrong

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But I was told that reconsideration can be submitted only after refusal of application. Please correct me if I'm wrong
Just to clarify - in first post you said you applied and were given a year. Applied for reconsideration and were refused. So did you apply again?

Jen4

Jan 24, 2024
Category........
WP
So this is the case. First, I applied - documents were requested by ircc - i submitted - application denied - reconsideration request was made - approval received for 1 year - 2 follow ups sent to the visa office for my application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So this is the case. First, I applied - documents were requested by ircc - i submitted - application denied - reconsideration request was made - approval received for 1 year - 2 follow ups sent to the visa office for my application
So did you send a webform following one year including same documentation that you should get two years. 1. Your passport is not expiring within the year? 2. You took a two year program not two one year programs.

Jen4

Jan 24, 2024
Category........
WP
I did once and that's when one of the agents sent a request to the office explaining the situation. 1. passport expires in 2029 2. I just did Healthcare admin mgmt program which is 2 years.

Should I raise another webform stating the situation again?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I did once and that's when one of the agents sent a request to the office explaining the situation. 1. passport expires in 2029 2. I just did Healthcare admin mgmt program which is 2 years.

Should I raise another webform stating the situation again?
Try one more time. If not, you may want to file a Judicial Review.