+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Application

rehana08

Apr 2, 2020
Hi everyone. I wanted to ask for an advice on how I should go around with this. I already posted about this before, but I have questions on how I should do this on my application for PGWP.

I applied to transfer to a "coop version" of my program last Winter 2019. I got my Coop work permit and extension of Study permit as well. I had to do my Work term 1 (Fall 2019) which I did, and my Work term 2 (Summer 2020). However, for my work term 2, I did my Coop, however, the hours weren't enough to count as Work term 2. I had to drop out of coop and return to the normal route. I have confirmed from my Coop advisor that on my official transcript, they would still include the Work term 1, and the Work term 2 (Summer 2020) would be an official break.

Should I include an explanation letter and a letter from school pertaining to this official break? Like explain what happened and why I dropped out of the Coop program? This is because the route that I had was supposed to be continuous with Study and Work terms. Would IRCC question why my final program achievement was just the normal one without Coop? Or should I leave it alone?

Thank you!

planner1997

Feb 4, 2021
What did u include as a letter of explanation? Just that u dropped coop but the terms were completed? Im in the same boat. Also how long did it take

rehana08

Apr 2, 2020
What did u include as a letter of explanation? Just that u dropped coop but the terms were completed? Im in the same boat. Also how long did it take
I made a letter of explanation, including two of my contracts from Co-op so that they can see that I actually did the second one, but only for a month. Hence, I am no longer eligible for the Co-op program and had to drop out. Are you also on a program that has an "optional Co-op"? Because mandatory Co-op might be a different scenario.

I actually got my PGWP in just 21 days. So don't worry about it, just make sure you explain yourself and back it up with proofs.

*If you didn't get a second co-op, you can always ask your co-op advisor to give you a letter of support. I did ask mine, and they were willing to give it to me. But it took so long, so I just went in and applied with documents that I had. Also, you can always say that due to Covid, it was difficult for you to find a job. They are pretty lenient right now. They would understand :) Hope this helps you!

Last edited: