+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP application

USER 2019

Mar 3, 2019
Hello,

I'm about to graduate a 4-year program and I want to apply for PGWP but I studied as a part-time student for 1 semester during my first year of university after dropping a course. Does this mean if I apply I will be denied a PGWP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It will be up to the visa officer. Technically you are only allowed to be part time in your last semester. However if you only have one part time semester, it's possible the visa officer may still approved your application. Unfortunately there's no way to say for sure either way.

kingvis

Jul 31, 2019
Hello,

I'm about to graduate a 4-year program and I want to apply for PGWP but I studied as a part-time student for 1 semester during my first year of university after dropping a course. Does this mean if I apply I will be denied a PGWP?
I have the exact same situation to yours, any update?

USER 2019

Mar 3, 2019
optional summers,
They care more if you worked during your part time semester during the school year (I didn't)

kingvis

Jul 31, 2019
optional summers,
They care more if you worked during your part time semester during the school year (I didn't)
I guess part time summer doesnt count since summer is optional. How would they know have you worked or not? How to prove that?

Daniyal.M

Apr 16, 2019
@USER 2019
Hey! I have a situation where I have 1 part-time term in the middle of my degree ( 8 credits, where 9 credits is considered full-time) and it was not a summer term. I saw that you wrote that you were in a similar position and you got a PGWP. Congratulations by the way! I was wondering if you could explain your situation and what explanation letter did you provide if any and what happened during the process? This may help me stress a little less :)

Best regards,

Daniyal.

xhalae

Jul 20, 2017
@USER 2019
Hey! I have a situation where I have 1 part-time term in the middle of my degree ( 8 credits, where 9 credits is considered full-time) and it was not a summer term. I saw that you wrote that you were in a similar position and you got a PGWP. Congratulations by the way! I was wondering if you could explain your situation and what explanation letter did you provide if any and what happened during the process? This may help me stress a little less :)

Best regards,

Daniyal.
did you get the pgwp?