+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP application without required documents

Ruey

Aug 16, 2012
Hello to everyone,
Here is my situation: I've submitted by final thesis on November 17, which means I've completed all my study program requirements. My study permit expires on November 30. In case I am not able to obtain my final transcript and letter of graduation (which I most likely won't) before December 1st, should I apply for a PGWP then send the missing documents once I receive them? Considering that processing times are around 150 days right now.

Please advise me on the best thing to do. Thanks.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Yes, you can apply before your study permit expires with a letter explaining that you'll send the remaining documents as soon as you get them.

Jassika

Feb 21, 2019
My cousin has graduated from Bow Valley, received completion letter. She has not received official transcripts yet. He permit is expiring on November 30, 2020. Can she apply for PGWP without official transcripts ?

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
My cousin has graduated from Bow Valley, received completion letter. She has not received official transcripts yet. He permit is expiring on November 30, 2020. Can she apply for PGWP without official transcripts ?
I applied with the completion letter & unofficial transcript and mentioned in the letter of explanation that the college is taking a longer time to provide official transcript.

M22

May 24, 2018
My study permit expires by the end of November i.e (tomorrow). I have applied for a PGWP in October. Can I work full time in a call centre after my study permit expires? Please help!

Because I have read in cic dot gc dot ca that, "if the new application was submitted for a different type of temporary resident status (which is work permit), On the expiry of your study permit, you must stop any of the activities stated in the original study permit once the permit expires. For example, you may have come to canada as student and the applied for a work permit. If so, you must stop studying once your study permit expires. After that, you cannot work or study until you get a new permit."

Here is the resource I'm quoting this from!

So, Can I not work a call centre job for time being after 30th of November (after which my study permit expires)? Please help!

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
My study permit expires by the end of November i.e (tomorrow). I have applied for a PGWP in October. Can I work full time in a call centre after my study permit expires? Please help!

Because I have read in cic dot gc dot ca that, "if the new application was submitted for a different type of temporary resident status (which is work permit), On the expiry of your study permit, you must stop any of the activities stated in the original study permit once the permit expires. For example, you may have come to canada as student and the applied for a work permit. If so, you must stop studying once your study permit expires. After that, you cannot work or study until you get a new permit."

Here is the resource I'm quoting this from!

So, Can I not work a call centre job for time being after 30th of November (after which my study permit expires)? Please help!
Yes you can work, if you applied for PGWP while ur study permit was valid you are on implied pgwp until a decision is made, when on implied permit you can do anything you could do with the actual permit.
Also in future try to post in relevant thread or start a new one.