+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Application from Outside Canada-URGENT

sharkie

Aug 19, 2016
I made a post graduation work permit application from outside Canada and it got approved. I only got one message which says:

"Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has
been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received
your secure document within six weeks, contact CIC."

However, I didnt get any message about my TRV although my application for PGWP included forms for TRV aswell. Also, my Canadian address has changed so my documents will probably get lost. What should I do now? How can I get my TRV?

thanks

venky_vk

Aug 29, 2016
Hey buddy! Hope you are doing well. I wanted to know if u managed to get the visa? Did you get your work permit? Can you also please tell me which application form did you use for PGWP and did you do online or paper application? I recently did the application myself and told them I'm outside Canada in the explanation letter and they rejected my application for the same. Can you please help me out?

Btw, now if there is no way u can collect your permit from your old address, you will have to wait 6 weeks, change address with an cic support person and ask them dispatch to new address. But you will have to wait 6 weeks. Then get a scanned copy and based on that you can apply for visa separately

asriva8

Sep 6, 2016
Hi Guys,
Can you please update how did your application go?

I have somehow a similar situation. I want to apply for the PGWP (I have a valid study permit but TRV is expired) and I am outside Canada right now.
According to the new rule mentioned in the cic website, graduates can submit the PGWP application online even if their current country of residence is NOT Canada.
Can any of you please help me out for the following three queries?

1. In the form IMM 5710E, current country of residence is by default "CANADA", which I am not able to edit. So, if I leave it as it is, the information provided to the IRCC will create confusion because in the scanned copy of PASSPORT pages, it is clear that I have already arrived in my home country.

2. In case my application for PGWP is rejected, will my study permit automatically become invalid?

3. Since my TRV is also expired, would you suggest me to submit "Schedule-1 Application for TRV made outside Canada (IMM 5257)" as an optional document?

sharkie

Aug 19, 2016
You need to use IMM5710 for the PGWP application.

You can apply from outside Canada like I did but the PGWP is still sent to the Canada address that you provide in IMM5710.

If you need a TRV and you are outside of Canada, you need to apply to it separately once your PGWP gets approved. You need to attach the letter you receive in your CIC account once your PGWP gets approved along with your application for a TRV. You then show this same letter to Immigration once you get your TRV and arrive to Canada. Your PGWP waits you at your address in Canada

Jdunchik

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
asriva8 said:
Hi Guys,
Can you please update how did your application go?

I have somehow a similar situation. I want to apply for the PGWP (I have a valid study permit but TRV is expired) and I am outside Canada right now.
According to the new rule mentioned in the cic website, graduates can submit the PGWP application online even if their current country of residence is NOT Canada.
Can any of you please help me out for the following three queries?

1. In the form IMM 5710E, current country of residence is by default "CANADA", which I am not able to edit. So, if I leave it as it is, the information provided to the IRCC will create confusion because in the scanned copy of PASSPORT pages, it is clear that I have already arrived in my home country.

2. In case my application for PGWP is rejected, will my study permit automatically become invalid?

3. Since my TRV is also expired, would you suggest me to submit "Schedule-1 Application for TRV made outside Canada (IMM 5257)" as an optional document?
I have the same question :(. Can somebody answer for this question? How can I prepare correctly all docs for online submission outside Canada? I mean IMM 5710 and Letter of explanation.

Thanks in advance

jessiejgl

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hey there! Know its been years, but can you share your experience with your TRV afterwards? Thanks!

osamaobz

Mar 26, 2012
I made a post graduation work permit application from outside Canada and it got approved. I only got one message which says:

"Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure document has
been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received

However, I didnt get any message about my TRV although my application for PGWP included forms for TRV aswell. Also, my Canadian address has changed so my documents will probably get lost. What should I do now? How can I get my TRV?

thanks

thanks
Sharkie, I am in a similar situation. I have recently graduated in January and currently out of vacations. I need to apply for PGWP online. Do I select for outside Canada for PGWP applications and put canadian address in the application? Or can i still select inside Canada for applyig PGWP. Technically I am on vacations and I still reside in Canada.
Please advise me.