+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP application explanation letter question

erikyle

Feb 21, 2021
Hello,

I am graduating with my bachelor's degree program this month and I am planning to apply for PGWP next month. I did a part-time summer semester last year. The thing is normally summer is considered as scheduled break and hence, part-time study is allowed. However, there is no page at my university to give this definition. I asked an international student advisor at my university back in the summer and the advisor told me through an email "summer is not considered to be an academic term". In this case, do I need to attach an explanation letter to explain this point? Thanks!

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello,

I am graduating with my bachelor's degree program this month and I am planning to apply for PGWP next month. I did a part-time summer semester last year. The thing is normally summer is considered as scheduled break and hence, part-time study is allowed. However, there is no page at my university to give this definition. I asked an international student advisor at my university back in the summer and the advisor told me through an email "summer is not considered to be an academic term". In this case, do I need to attach an explanation letter to explain this point? Thanks!
Yes, attach a screenshot of the email, and write an LOE too.
It's not needed, but whatever makes the VO think that it was not an academic term will help your case.