+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP application delay

jamesMCGILL

Oct 21, 2020
Hi, I graduated from university in Canada in fall 2020. The senate approved degree in June. And I applied for PGWP on august 27th.
I still haven’t gotten any reply since I applied. Only the confirmation that my application has been received. During the time I applied they didn’t require any medical or biometrics. I keep checking my application but no update it still says they don’t need anything from my side and they are still processing it.
it’s been more than 5 months and I am starting to get worried.

Please help.

jamesMCGILL

Oct 21, 2020
Hi, I graduated from university in Canada in fall 2020. The senate approved degree in June. And I applied for PGWP on august 27th.
I still haven’t gotten any reply since I applied. Only the confirmation that my application has been received. During the time I applied they didn’t require any medical or biometrics. I keep checking my application but no update it still says they don’t need anything from my side and they are still processing it.

Please help.
I applied from India. But within 90 days ofdegree approval. Can I go to Canada before I get my PGWP approved?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you left Canada after finishing your studies and applied for your PGWP in India. You say the senate approved degree in June that is more than 90 days so you don’t have a study permit or valid TRV to enter Canada. You will need to wait for PGWP. Also when you get your PGWP, you either need a) a job offer or b) prove your normally live in Canada (show that you have been paying rent on a place, utility bills, credit cards etc.) to be allowed entry to Canada.

jamesMCGILL

Oct 21, 2020
So you left Canada after finishing your studies and applied for your PGWP in India. You say the senate approved degree in June that is more than 90 days so you don’t have a study permit or valid TRV to enter Canada. You will need to wait for PGWP. Also when you get your PGWP, you either need a) a job offer or b) prove your normally live in Canada (show that you have been paying rent on a place, utility bills, credit cards etc.) to be allowed entry to Canada.
hi, well the degree was approved on June 18th and I applied for PGWP on aug 27th so within 90 days.
I do am paying my phone bills and credit card bills. I also just filed my 2021 tax return.

my main reason to come to India was for a major ligament surgery and that required a lot of recovery time. My insurance there couldn’t cover all the cost so I opted to return to India.

Any how, it’s the processing delay in my PGWP approval worries me. It’s been a long time since I applied, and they didn’t even update the application so I don’t know if I need to provide biometrics or medical.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi, well the degree was approved on June 18th and I applied for PGWP on aug 27th so within 90 days.
I do am paying my phone bills and credit card bills. I also just filed my 2021 tax return.

my main reason to come to India was for a major ligament surgery and that required a lot of recovery time. My insurance there couldn’t cover all the cost so I opted to return to India.

Any how, it’s the processing delay in my PGWP approval worries me. It’s been a long time since I applied, and they didn’t even update the application so I don’t know if I need to provide biometrics or medical.
You can raise a webform. Your bigger issue is that you applied for a PGWP within Canada, correct? If so you need a TRV too. Have you applied for that because that can take longer than PGWP.

jamesMCGILL

Oct 21, 2020
N
You can raise a webform. Your bigger issue is that you applied for a PGWP within Canada, correct? If so you need a TRV too. Have you applied for that because that can take longer than PGWP.
No I applied from India. And I also applied for trv with the same application.

Reactions: Naturgrl
Feb 26, 2021

Please help.

Hi,
Same situation of mine.I have applied for pgwp on may 2020. Still no updates from ircc.They are saying the same thing that no more further documents needed for processing

Feb 26, 2021
Hi,
I have applied for a PGWP on May 2020 outside canada(india).I did my biometrics too.But I am not getting any updates from ircc yet.My friend who applied on june got his permit this month.Still there is not any updates in my account.I am so tensed and worried.Please reply If any one know about this kind of situation

jamesMCGILL

Oct 21, 2020
Hi,
Same situation of mine.I have applied for pgwp on may 2020. Still no updates from ircc.They are saying the same thing that no more further documents needed for processing
Damn that’s a long time, even 3 months earlier than me.I don’t know they are taking so much time.

did you give biometric or medical? I didn’t cuz they said they don’t require it.

abyappl

Feb 2, 2021
Well at least after applying the application page said no biometric or medical required right now.
Have you given your biometrics before, because it is valid for 10 years. But if you never given your biometrics before you have to contact ircc. There is a glitch in their system it won’t send out the biometrics request letter and also they wouldn’t be able to access your application

jamesMCGILL

Oct 21, 2020
Have you given your biometrics before, because it is valid for 10 years. But if you never given your biometrics before you have to contact ircc. There is a glitch in their system it won’t send out the biometrics request letter and also they wouldn’t be able to access your application
Yes I have given my biometrics when I applied for my first student visa in 2015. Maybe that's why it said no biometrics required.

But still its been more than 6 months and no update on my PGWP application. Its very frustrating.