+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Anxieties

RickD

Sep 2, 2014
Hey everyone, My PGWP got refused this past Friday as the transcript I uploaded didn't state that my credential had been awarded. Fortunately, I have time to reapply as I am still within 90 days of graduation, but I am having huge anxieties as I know this is my last chance to get it right. I have listed the things I have included below in additional to the requested docs, and would appreciate if anyone can give any tips or advice to make sure it doesn't get rejected this time, I really can't face having to leave Canada YET again because of a simple oversight. I will be reapplying on Tuesday after asking someone from the college international office to check over my application.

I have been to my college and now have a completion letter and a new transcript that does say my credential has been awarded. I have scanned them both and consolidated them into 1 file to upload. This time around I selected Completion Letter when going through the questions instead of Transcript.

There are a few questions on IMM 5710e that I feel are a little ambiguous:

Q7 Under personal details: I have set my status as student with the expiry date of my study permit, but technically I am not a student anymore as I completed my studies as of 30th April. I have added a client correspondence letter noting this point

Q4 under Coming To Canada: Provide document number of the most recent study / work permit issued to you - I have entered Canada twice on my study permit, once when it was issued, and once last September when I returned from vacation. I was issued a Co-op work permit last November which I never used. Which document number should put in the box, study or Co-op?

Details of Intended Work in Canada: I have been working since i completed my studies but do I need to complete this section as I am applying for an open work permit.

Employment: Should I include my current job under employment, as stated above, I have been working, and once I receive confirmation of application for my new application I will continue to do so under implied status. I am wondering if this work could be mistaken for working while not authorized

I have included a letter to the immigration officer with all the above points, my additional work history for 10 years, all my previous failed application attempts (there have been quite a few, I reached the character limit on the online form), and given my contact number for them to reach out if anything is wrong.
I have also explained that my last application was refused because of the transcript oversight, and mentioned that another refusal means I have to leave the country as the processing time will take me past 90 days since graduation. I'm not sure if or how much help it will be but I'm guessing it can't hurt, What are your thoughts on this, would there be any reason a letter would go against my application?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to give, I've not been this stressed since I found out I had to leave Canada because my payment credit card was compromised.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Recommend you post your questions to the International Students section of the forum.

Naaz1

Jul 7, 2020
Hey everyone, My PGWP got refused this past Friday as the transcript I uploaded didn't state that my credential had been awarded. Fortunately, I have time to reapply as I am still within 90 days of graduation, but I am having huge anxieties as I know this is my last chance to get it right. I have listed the things I have included below in additional to the requested docs, and would appreciate if anyone can give any tips or advice to make sure it doesn't get rejected this time, I really can't face having to leave Canada YET again because of a simple oversight. I will be reapplying on Tuesday after asking someone from the college international office to check over my application.

I have been to my college and now have a completion letter and a new transcript that does say my credential has been awarded. I have scanned them both and consolidated them into 1 file to upload. This time around I selected Completion Letter when going through the questions instead of Transcript.

There are a few questions on IMM 5710e that I feel are a little ambiguous:

Q7 Under personal details: I have set my status as student with the expiry date of my study permit, but technically I am not a student anymore as I completed my studies as of 30th April. I have added a client correspondence letter noting this point

Q4 under Coming To Canada: Provide document number of the most recent study / work permit issued to you - I have entered Canada twice on my study permit, once when it was issued, and once last September when I returned from vacation. I was issued a Co-op work permit last November which I never used. Which document number should put in the box, study or Co-op?

Details of Intended Work in Canada: I have been working since i completed my studies but do I need to complete this section as I am applying for an open work permit.

Employment: Should I include my current job under employment, as stated above, I have been working, and once I receive confirmation of application for my new application I will continue to do so under implied status. I am wondering if this work could be mistaken for working while not authorized

I have included a letter to the immigration officer with all the above points, my additional work history for 10 years, all my previous failed application attempts (there have been quite a few, I reached the character limit on the online form), and given my contact number for them to reach out if anything is wrong.
I have also explained that my last application was refused because of the transcript oversight, and mentioned that another refusal means I have to leave the country as the processing time will take me past 90 days since graduation. I'm not sure if or how much help it will be but I'm guessing it can't hurt, What are your thoughts on this, would there be any reason a letter would go against my application?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to give, I've not been this stressed since I found out I had to leave Canada because my payment credit card was compromised.
Hi there,
What happened to your application then? Your tips will really help me..