+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Visa issue (within canada)

Miminame

Jun 22, 2022
Hi everyone,
I have a little situation and I need some advice please.
Since I graduated last month, I was only able to apply for a PGWP at beginning of June (June 8)... I did get that letter saying I am allowed to work full time until October 6th, or at least until I get an answer.
-My problem is, I need to leave for Algeria the 31st of August and come back the 22 of September, however, I do not have a visa, and my study permit expires the 31st of August. I was wondering if I am able to apply for a visa and have it be valid at least until October 6th ? I talked to a lawyer and he said he would be able to do the application for me and add a letter saying why I would need the visa until October 6th and not expire the 31st of August like my student permit ?
is it possible, or should I really cancel that emergency trip and stay here ? :(

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,
I have a little situation and I need some advice please.
Since I graduated last month, I was only able to apply for a PGWP at beginning of June (June 8)... I did get that letter saying I am allowed to work full time until October 6th, or at least until I get an answer.
-My problem is, I need to leave for Algeria the 31st of August and come back the 22 of September, however, I do not have a visa, and my study permit expires the 31st of August. I was wondering if I am able to apply for a visa and have it be valid at least until October 6th ? I talked to a lawyer and he said he would be able to do the application for me and add a letter saying why I would need the visa until October 6th and not expire the 31st of August like my student permit ?
is it possible, or should I really cancel that emergency trip and stay here ? :(

Thank you
You need to have a valid TRV in order to be able to return to Canada. You have to apply for a brand new TRV. You can't return to Canada based on your study permit or based on the PGWP. You need to be holding a valid TRV.

It can take a while for TRVs to be processed these days so there is a risk you may not have a TRV approved by September 22nd.

Miminame

Jun 22, 2022
You need to have a valid TRV in order to be able to return to Canada. You have to apply for a brand new TRV. You can't return to Canada based on your study permit or based on the PGWP. You need to be holding a valid TRV.

It can take a while for TRVs to be processed these days so there is a risk you may not have a TRV approved by September 22nd.

Thats the thing actually. I was wondering if I apply for the TRV, when would the expiration be ? like will it expire the same date as my study permit, or not ? (I don't know If this makes more sense)