+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgwp and TRV

Jul 25, 2019
hi
I applied for pgwp in Canada and got approval on may 3rd - passport not stamped for it
My TRV got expired and I came back to India so applied TRV in India filling IMM5257e form
I gave Biometrics, got approval for TRV and received passport submission request
Today I submitted my passport
VFS officer said that I will get stamping only for TRV
I am a bit confused if I need a separate stamp for pgwp(post graduate work permit)
Please help me

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Did you leave Canada before or after the PGWP approval? PGWP is a document that is issued seperately and never stamped in your passport.

Jul 25, 2019
Did you leave Canada before or after the PGWP approval? PGWP is a document that is issued seperately and never stamped in your passport.
I left Canada cause my trv was about to expire
I applied pgwp in Canada ONLINE and received pgwp after coming to India ONLINE
And then I applied for TRV for which I got Biometrics request I gave on 16th July and I got approval for TRV on 24th July and a request to submit my passport for stamping
25th July I submitted the passport in India

My only concern is I did not get any passport submit request when I got pgwp ONLINE.. I just got an approval letter

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
You will receive your PGWP by mail at your correspondence/residential address mentioned innyour PGWP application. It is in the form of a parchment like your study.permit. PGWP has nothing to do with your passport. Your new TRV will have the same validity as your PGWP.
If you left Canada just because your TRV was about to expire then you were not required to do so. You would have been issued a TRV along with the the PGWP approval.

Jul 25, 2019
You will receive your PGWP by mail at your correspondence/residential address mentioned innyour PGWP application. It is in the form of a parchment like your study.permit. PGWP has nothing to do with your passport. Your new TRV will have the same validity as your PGWP.
If you left Canada just because your TRV was about to expire then you were not required to do so. You would have been issued a TRV along with the the PGWP approval.
Oh I didn't know that
Thanks for the information

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Small correction, you would not have been issues a TRV with PGWP, when you apply for pgwp on canada after you get it you need to make a separate TRV application. If you apply for pgwp abroad you get a TRV automatically.

Also TRV is not require to remain in Canada legally, only to travel into Canada.

Your issue now is where is your pgwp? I mean the physical paper they sent to the address you wrote on pgwp application. How did you apply for trv without it? I believe it is a required part of the new TRV application.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Small correction, you would not have been issues a TRV with PGWP, when you apply for pgwp on canada after you get it you need to make a separate TRV application. If you apply for pgwp abroad you get a TRV automatically.

Also TRV is not require to remain in Canada legally, only to travel into Canada.

Your issue now is where is your pgwp? I mean the physical paper they sent to the address you wrote on pgwp application. How did you apply for trv without it? I believe it is a required part of the new TRV application.
You are right. I stand corrected in the issue of TRV . TRV are not issued alo g with PGWP it is eTA that is issued when application is made within Canada. Thanks for the correction.

vishalkoradia.vk

Jan 17, 2018
Hi, I have a valid Work Permit & applied for my TRV (Inside Canada) application on December 21st, 2020. I have to travel to Mumbai (India) by February second week for my brother's wedding. It shows 53 days for the TRV application process. If the application gets approved then passport stamping will take time & will be late by then, So is there any way I can get to Mumbai while the application in process & when/if approved get stamping in Mumbai (India)??
And what i need to do, contact IRCC or CPC-Ottawa regarding this?? And do I need any approval and if yes then from where IRCC, CPC or Mumbai VFS?

Please HELP! Further assistance is much appreciated, Thank you in advance.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hi, I have a valid Work Permit & applied for my TRV (Inside Canada) application on December 21st, 2020. I have to travel to Mumbai (India) by February second week for my brother's wedding. It shows 53 days for the TRV application process. If the application gets approved then passport stamping will take time & will be late by then, So is there any way I can get to Mumbai while the application in process & when/if approved get stamping in Mumbai (India)??
And what i need to do, contact IRCC or CPC-Ottawa regarding this?? And do I need any approval and if yes then from where IRCC, CPC or Mumbai VFS?

Please HELP! Further assistance is much appreciated, Thank you in advance.
TRV application processing time has gone down to 42 days as of today. Passport stamping inside Canada takes one or two weeks.

I have read about cases in the forum where an applicant has applied for TRV in one country and gotten their passport stamped in a different country. But I am not sure if the same applies to a TRV application made inside Canada. You should contact the IRCC client services center and confirm with them if you can get the TRV stamping done in India. Keep in mind that if you leave Canada and have to make a fresh TRV application from India, the current processing time for that is 257 days. All the best!

vishalkoradia.vk

Jan 17, 2018
Yes, the TRV processing times are down now, I submitted my application on Dec 21 so hopefully should get the update by the end of this month. I've already mailed Ottawa though about my situation & waiting for a response. I'll only travel if they send me any approval that I can do the stamping from India or else will leave when stamping is done from here ASAP.

Thanks for replying.

Reactions: santzapaul

vishalkoradia.vk

Jan 17, 2018
TRV application processing time has gone down to 42 days as of today. Passport stamping inside Canada takes one or two weeks.

I have read about cases in the forum where an applicant has applied for TRV in one country and gotten their passport stamped in a different country. But I am not sure if the same applies to a TRV application made inside Canada. You should contact the IRCC client services center and confirm with them if you can get the TRV stamping done in India. Keep in mind that if you leave Canada and have to make a fresh TRV application from India, the current processing time for that is 257 days. All the best!
I submitted my passport to CPC-Ottawa for stamping on Thursday, January 07 via Canada Expresspost.

Today I just checked the Tracking ID it's showing me that the ''Package is Reached Ottawa'' & ''Ready for Pick-up''.

So i'm just worried that do i have to inform CPC-Ottawa for pick-up or how would they come to knw?? Or have I done any mistakes while sending???

Pls help & let me knw if there's anything to be done or is it right? Thanks in advance!

Ali_444

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
I submitted my passport to CPC-Ottawa for stamping on Thursday, January 07 via Canada Expresspost.

Today I just checked the Tracking ID it's showing me that the ''Package is Reached Ottawa'' & ''Ready for Pick-up''.

So i'm just worried that do i have to inform CPC-Ottawa for pick-up or how would they come to knw?? Or have I done any mistakes while sending???

Pls help & let me knw if there's anything to be done or is it right? Thanks in advance!
When did you applied for trv? In how many days you got passport request thanks

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016

I spoke to a friend of mine who did this sometime back. If I remember correctly, he said that we have to include a return envelope (inside the main envelope) for them to send the passport back to your address. Did you not receive instructions about this from IRCC?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Sounds like the package was delivered to a Canada post office, I could be wrong. Maybe their office was closed when they tried delivering it?
If I were you I'd call Canada Post to inquire what's going on and why wasn't it delivered to the address.