+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Spouse

bagley3232

Jun 13, 2017
Hi everyone,

My wife is finishing her studies, and she is starting to fill out the forms for the PGWP. I have the next questions:

Her application

1. She doesn't have the three paystubs yet. She'll start working once she sends the PGWP application. She answered "No" to the question, "Do you want to submit an application for a family member?" Therefore, the Statutory Common-Law Declaration is not required. Is this ok?

Common-Law Partner Application

2. I'll submit my application when she gets her three pay stubs and employment letter.
In this case: What should I select on "Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada? "
-If I select "YES", I need to complete "Family Member Proof of Status (required)" but she won't have the work permit yet, it'll be processing.
-If I select "NOT" the "Family Member Proof of Status (required)"disappears, but I don't know if this the right way to do it.

Thank you, everyone, for your time.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You may be able to apply for a spousal open work permit with proof she applied for a PGWP, but I'm not sure and you might have to wait until her PGWP is formally approved. In the meantime, you may have to apply to change your status to visitor and stop working.

Reactions: Nuttykumar

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Happy1064

Jul 3, 2020
Hi everyone,

My wife is finishing her studies, and she is starting to fill out the forms for the PGWP. I have the next questions:

Her application

1. She doesn't have the three paystubs yet. She'll start working once she sends the PGWP application. She answered "No" to the question, "Do you want to submit an application for a family member?" Therefore, the Statutory Common-Law Declaration is not required. Is this ok?

Common-Law Partner Application

2. I'll submit my application when she gets her three pay stubs and employment letter.
In this case: What should I select on "Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada? "
-If I select "YES", I need to complete "Family Member Proof of Status (required)" but she won't have the work permit yet, it'll be processing.
-If I select "NOT" the "Family Member Proof of Status (required)"disappears, but I don't know if this the right way to do it.

Thank you, everyone, for your time.
You have to wait until your spouse PGWP will not approved

First Question- it does not matter if she selected no.....

If you want to submit after 3paystubs you should write in explanation letter about her status of application in process with some relationship proofs...