Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
Hey all,

I've got a question about my upcoming PGWP application and passport renewal.

My passport is expiring on Jan 2017, and my SP will expire on Sept 2016. I will be applying for my PGWP this May, and I know the officer won't issue the new WP beyond the validity of my current passport. Is it possible for me to submit my PGWP application first with my current passport, and then submit my passport to my country's consulate for renewal while my PGWP application is on-going? Will it in any way affect my on-going application?

The only reason why I thought of this is because if I wait for 2-3 months to get my PGWP issued, it'll take another 3 months to get my new passport back. I thought this might help hasten the process of renewing/extending my PGWP to 3 years since I am finishing a 2 year diploma course.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks!

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

rcpp said:
Hey all,

I've got a question about my upcoming PGWP application and passport renewal.

My passport is expiring on Jan 2017, and my SP will expire on Sept 2016. I will be applying for my PGWP this May, and I know the officer won't issue the new WP beyond the validity of my current passport. Is it possible for me to submit my PGWP application first with my current passport, and then submit my passport to my country's consulate for renewal while my PGWP application is on-going? Will it in any way affect my on-going application?

The only reason why I thought of this is because if I wait for 2-3 months to get my PGWP issued, it'll take another 3 months to get my new passport back. I thought this might help hasten the process of renewing/extending my PGWP to 3 years since I am finishing a 2 year diploma course.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks!

It won't be an issue because you will get PGWP only up to the validity of current passport, with a remark to apply again with a new PP.

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
J5M said:
Hi,

It won't be an issue because you will get PGWP only up to the validity of current passport, with a remark to apply again with a new PP.
Hey J5M,

Thanks for the input! I've got one more question, if you don't mind. Will it help if I attach a letter explaining what I intend to do, or the extension notice will be given by the officer automatically?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

rcpp said:
Hey J5M,

Thanks for the input! I've got one more question, if you don't mind. Will it help if I attach a letter explaining what I intend to do, or the extension notice will be given by the officer automatically?

1. Make no sense to attach any letter because it happen with many students.
2. There will be a remark to re-apply at the bottom of your PGWP.

rcpp

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Passport Req..
27-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-07-2014
J5M said:
Hi,

1. Make no sense to attach any letter because it happen with many students.
2. There will be a remark to re-apply at the bottom of your PGWP.
Thanks J5M! I just thought it would help because I read some people did not have the extension/renewal remark on their PGWP when they applied with a soon-to-expire passport that's why I thought it would help.

Nonetheless, thanks again for the input! This puts my worry at ease.

Have a great one!