+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pgwp and 'participating institutions'

jykl608

Dec 6, 2012
Hi, All,

I will soon complete my program of study from the Canadian College ( search 'Canadian College' for more information)

I intend to apply for a PGWP after graduation, but the Canadian College is not part of the
'participating institutions'.

But I know someone who graduated from the same college, did apply for a PGWP and got it.

Can anyone explain me how this is possible?

Thanks

umairq00

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

jykl608 said:
Hi, All,

I will soon complete my program of study from the Canadian College ( search 'Canadian College' for more information)

I intend to apply for a PGWP after graduation, but the Canadian College is not part of the
'participating institutions'.

But I know someone who graduated from the same college, did apply for a PGWP and got it.

Can anyone explain me how this is possible?

Thanks
1. It is the same participating list for OCWPS to be eligible for PGWP. The "someone" got lucky.

umairq00

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
That "someone" would be really really lucky then! But what can I say - CIC once issued me a study permit which had the date beyond the expiration date of my passport. :)

marcustito

Jul 13, 2012
Hi guys,

I didnt want to create another topic about the same thing,so, I'd like to know if the school still not avaliable to get the PGWP after complete the program. I did someresearch about the school PGWP but it was always mixed, some people said it is possible while some people don't.

Can someone help me?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

marcustito said:
Hi guys,

I didnt want to create another topic about the same thing,so, I'd like to know if the school still not avaliable to get the PGWP after complete the program. I did someresearch about the school PGWP but it was always mixed, some people said it is possible while some people don't.

Can someone help me?

If you got study permit before June 2014 for a school which is now non-designated, you are still eligible to apply for PGWP provided

1. You have finished a 'degree course' if it's a 'private' school/university. If its a non-private school, passing any course will be enough.

marcustito

Jul 13, 2012
J5M said:
Hi,

If you got study permit before June 2014 for a school which is now non-designated, you are still eligible to apply for PGWP provided

1. You have finished a 'degree course' if it's a 'private' school/university. If its a non-private school, passing any course will be enough.

Hi J5M. My school permit will be issued next week. I just did the medical exams. So, it means that I can't get the PGWP after complete the 2yr course at Canadian College?

mbereicoa

Jan 8, 2016
@marcustito

Did you apply for PGWP after finishing your studies at Canadin College? Did the goverment accepted?
I was very intersted in studying there but as I did some research I found out Canadin College is not eligible.