+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Open work permit extension

gondwanna

Jan 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have some question and I would be grateful if anybody with knowledge and experience can answer them for me. My RCIC representative from my back home told me that the only way to extend an open work permit is to enrol another program in the college.. Is this right ? I graduated from my 2 years business program in the first week of December 2018. Today I met someone from my college who just received his PGWP and also had his wife OWP extended in the border bridge of Niagara .. Can I just go there and apply for PGWP and extend my wife's OWP ?My wife has been working for a pharma company as clinical research site manager ( NOC Code 4165 ) for 11 months so she has her pay slips ..
The thing is I didnt apply for PGWP because of my representative and applied for another 1 year program at my college and also ask for extension for my wife's OPW. I just want to know can I just go to border and ask for PGWP even after I applied for Study permit extension ? Or Can I still get my PGWP even after I received my study permit extension ? Can my wife extend her OPW with 3 pay slips from her employer ? After I received my PGWP ?

My IRCIC representative made me confused after I met this guy in the college today ..I am planning to got border tomorrow to get more information so please , if anybody hs the same experience or has any nkowledge on this issue ..Please asnwer my questions ..

Thank you so much

Mustafa