+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP and Covid 19

bettercallsaul.

Jul 6, 2019
I’ve graduated from college and got PGWP. Shortly after, I visited my home country and COVID thing pops up. Looks like I’m stuck now and not able to travel back.
The question is, any chances I can come back before my PGWP expires assuming I don’t have job yet?
Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’ve graduated from college and got PGWP. Shortly after, I visited my home country and COVID thing pops up. Looks like I’m stuck now and not able to travel back.
The question is, any chances I can come back before my PGWP expires assuming I don’t have job yet?
Thank you!
Yes, you can return.

Reactions: bettercallsaul.

bettercallsaul.

Jul 6, 2019
Yes, you can return.
Thank you.
I would be grateful, if you will share more details. In terms of, what I suppose to tell CBSA Officer on arrival, I mean in which category PGWP holder without job falls, in order to be approved entry Canada?
Thank you very much in advance!

ALEALB

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
How to return? Help please
Hi

Read carefully: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/foreign-workers.html#essential

Essential (non-discretionary) travel for a temporary worker

Essential refers to travel for reasons that are non-discretionary and non-optional. The emergency orders under the Quarantine Act do not allow people to travel to Canada for optional or discretionary reasons, such as for tourism, recreation or entertainment.

As a worker, your travel is essential (non-discretionary) if you’re in eitherof these situations:

• You have a valid work permit and normally live in Canada.
    • This applies even if you’ve been laid off.
  • You’re a worker who meets all of the following:
    • has a letter of introduction for a work permit (open or employer-specific)
    • has a valid job offer
    • can work once you enter Canada and complete your 14-day quarantine (unless you’re exempt)

You are going to need a quarantine plan, and perhaps other docs. make sure you plan properly, or you will not be allowed entry. CBSA does not guarantee entry even if you meet the conditions, it’s upon the discretion of the border officer, so be prepared!

hope this helps!

parthgusani

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
App. Filed.......
1 june
Med's Request
13 june
Passport Req..
10 july
VISA ISSUED...
approved
Same situation.

Anyone was able to travel back with pgwp and no job? Who are already established in canada and looking to return after a month.