+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP along with spouse OWP

ChipMark

Nov 15, 2017
Hi,

My Spouse got her OWP on the bases of my student status when we came to Canada

Now I applied for PGWP along with my spouse OWP extension.

But Receive the message from CIC asking to submit the principal applicant's(me) employment letter/contract along with three pay slips in order to proceed with the spouse OWP. And they have given only one week to submit the document.

The situation is I could not secure any job yet and our status are going to expire in two weeks.

If I am unable to submit employment letter/contract, will my spouse have to leave the country Or she can stay in Canada? When I get the PGWP, then I can apply for my spouse OWP?

In this situation what are my options and what should I do?

What can be done so my spouse can stay after her status expires?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Last edited:

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
You can apply for an OWP for you spouse only when you are employed in a job in skill level 0, A or B. You will also need a letter from an employer confirming employment or a copy of your employment offer or contract and a copy of three of their pay stubs. Having PGWP is not sufficient without these job requirements. Unfortunately, the OWP application will most likely be rejected. Sorry for that.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for the reply.
But what will be my options that my spouse can stay here in Canada. She already has the OWP which is going to expire in 2 weeks as she came to Canada on OWP with me.

What should I do. Can I apply for her visitors visa if her application get refused? Or is there any other dependent visa I should look for.
She needs to apply to change her status to visitor.

ChipMark

Nov 15, 2017
She needs to apply to change her status to visitor.
When I can apply for that because OWP is going to expire in 2 weeks. And if we stay longer then will it come under the "over stay" status.
This is where I'm confused. Because application already in process with CIC and they asked for additional documents(employer letter + pay slips). If I don't submit then they are going to make the decision based on this. Should I wait for their decision(which is more likely to be in the form of OWP refusal) and then apply for the change her status to visitors?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
When I can apply for that because OWP is going to expire in 2 weeks. And if we stay longer then will it come under the "over stay" status.
This is where I'm confused. Because application already in process with CIC and they asked for additional documents(employer letter + pay slips). If I don't submit then they are going to make the decision based on this. Should I wait for their decision(which is more likely to be in the form of OWP refusal) and then apply for the change her status to visitors?
Why would you wait??? Apply now.