+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP AFTER PART TIME + BREAK IN STUDIES?

ValerieO

Mar 27, 2019
Hello, My last semester I took 3 courses so I was technically still full time but I didn't complete the final exam due to illness and got an Incomplete grade (I) so I attempted 9 credits but earned only 6. This was a fall semester and because I wanted to graduate in June I waited to apply for grad till February and that was when I was told I was still missing one course. It was too late to enroll in the winter semester so I waited and took a course in the summer. Not sure if this will affect my getting PGWP? The break between the fall semester and the day I enrolled in the summer course is less than 150 days and my advisor wrote a support letter about the incomplete grade and issues I had my last semester. Not sure if i still qualify for PGWP.

Oct 17, 2021
Hello, My last semester I took 3 courses so I was technically still full time but I didn't complete the final exam due to illness and got an Incomplete grade (I) so I attempted 9 credits but earned only 6. This was a fall semester and because I wanted to graduate in June I waited to apply for grad till February and that was when I was told I was still missing one course. It was too late to enroll in the winter semester so I waited and took a course in the summer. Not sure if this will affect my getting PGWP? The break between the fall semester and the day I enrolled in the summer course is less than 150 days and my advisor wrote a support letter about the incomplete grade and issues I had my last semester. Not sure if i still qualify for PGWP.
hello, can you tell us of updates to your story?

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
hello, can you tell us of updates to your story?

Hello Volleyball124132,

If the unscheduled break was less than 150 days and authorized by your DLI, you should not have too many issues getting the PGWP. However, you have to supply the necessary evidence from your DLI and other supporting evidence. Follow this link: Canada.ca to understand more.

– JS