+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP after Mechatronics Design in UBC - Vancouver

gururaj026

Jan 29, 2015
Hello everyone,

Does any know for how many years of PGWP will be given for a person who completes MEng in Mechatronics Design in UBC. In their site it is stated as, 'Students must complete it in a period of 12 - 16 months'. The course is having an optional Co-op. So whether the PGWP will be of 16 months or three years. And how to get Co-op? If anyone is having any idea about this please help.

Thanks

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
co-op is part of your course and your study permit wil automatically authorize if at all required as part of academic requirement

A post-graduation work permit may be valid anywhere between eight months and up to three years, depending on the length of the program of study completed in Canada. The permit cannot be valid for longer than the length of the program of study completed in Canada. For example:

If you graduate from an eight-month certificate program, you could be eligible for an eight-month work permit.
If you graduate from a four-year degree program, you could be eligible for a three-year work permit, if you meet program requirements.

gururaj026

Jan 29, 2015
Yes I know about this rule. But the course I'm mentioning is a 30 credit course work. It is mentioned in the site , ' 30 credit course work. Students can complete it in 12 months if they take 8 courses between two winter terms and a 6 credit project work in the summer term. At minimum students can expect to complete the course in 16 months'. I found someone staring in this forum that he completed a 16months program and got 3 years PGWP. I want a 3 years PGWP. So can I get it if I take this course?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The CIC officer who processes your application will decide the length of your PGWP. We can't stay for certain if you will get 16 months or three years.

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019
But it says time of completion is 12-16 months...
You can write to the university directly and check or contact alumni on LinkedIn. Usually, a 16 months program will have 4 terms without any break to be considered equivalent to 2 years which makes which will be eligible for 3 years PGWP. but in your situation it is 3 terms so either it could be 1 year or 16 months PGWP but I would still suggest check with university directly once.

Aboodbomb

Jul 2, 2020
You can write to the university directly and check or contact alumni on LinkedIn. Usually, a 16 months program will have 4 terms without any break to be considered equivalent to 2 years which makes which will be eligible for 3 years PGWP. but in your situation it is 3 terms so either it could be 1 year or 16 months PGWP but I would still suggest check with university directly once.
Ok i will