+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP after graduation under covid 19 restrictions - study &coop permits expire 10 months after completion of program

Yahle29

Jan 18, 2021
Well, I went to immigration consultant. My College letter stating I was finished was on the verge of 180 days, and my coop permit and study permit were both valid during this time, I simply told my employer to reduce my hours to 20. they understood. I uploaded the new public policy which states all students are eligible once that criteria was met and it was met. I filled out the form for the open work permit for the PGWP the next day and submitted and I now have my open work permit. What I was told is not to use that employer for that application nor for the Express Entry. I since switched jobs and all is well. Hope this helps anyone who has cut it near to the 180 days and my SIN was valid so I did not work illegally under the regulations on my permit otherwise my employer would not have hired me and they checked this as well. I am very thankful for the replies. Case is now closed. March 2021