+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP after 90 days but before 180 days *NEW RULE CHANGE*

winniesandhu

Jul 19, 2018
Hello,

I applied for my PGWP on May 23rd, it was a couple of weeks after my 90 day cut off after my letter of completion had been released. I knew in February that the rules had changed and that I now had 180 days to apply. I came back to Canada and I applied online. It has now been 98 days (all of summer) and I haven't received it yet.

I had a few explanations with my application showcasing that I had switched DLI's but remained a full-time student throughout. I had one year of academic concession but was still considered full-time (had a letter from the school to prove it). Since I applied after 90 days, I also had to verify my status as a student (I submitted a full student permit application along with my work permit application).

I know I submitted a lot but I needed to be thorough in order to explain everything.

I was thinking the processing time was 99 days for this but I'm very nervous now. I'm stuck in Canada, I can't leave and I can't work. I literally have no status. I can't even get health insurance. HELP!

What should I do?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You can realistically only wait, you can also call them to check if anything is wrong but if you check the pgwp thread applications are taking a long time.

Navreet030

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Hello there,
I was just reading your case and I was just wondering that did you receive any update yet.
Because I have been waiting from 6 months and didn’t hear anything yet and I am really stressed about it.
Please let me know the details please!

winniesandhu

Jul 19, 2018
Yes! I got it on Septwmber 5th! 3 year work permit!

As long as you made sure to submit the most thorough and best possible application, then there is no need to worry

jarule

Jan 18, 2020
Yes! I got it on Septwmber 5th! 3 year work permit!

As long as you made sure to submit the most thorough and best possible application, then there is no need to worry
Hey, Please HEEEELLLPPP...

my case is the same as yours. Is the letter of completion date the same as the graduation date? was your study permit expired? Did you restore your status. Please HELPPPPPP...