+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Accepted with 2 part time semesters and multiple study permit extensions.

ValerieO

Mar 27, 2019
Hi all,
I just wanted this to serve as encouragement for anyone worried about getting PGWP for not meeting all the requirements on the CIC website. I had two part time semesters - 1 with only one course, and had to extend my study permit 3 times. I wrote two letters of explanation and in the end got my PGWP for 3 years. Nothing is impossible. Follow due process and explain your situation as clearly as possible, there's a human on the other side so its not all set in stone.
Good luck!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,
I just wanted this to serve as encouragement for anyone worried about getting PGWP for not meeting all the requirements on the CIC website. I had two part time semesters - 1 with only one course, and had to extend my study permit 3 times. I wrote two letters of explanation and in the end got my PGWP for 3 years. Nothing is impossible. Follow due process and explain your situation as clearly as possible, there's a human on the other side so its not all set in stone.
Good luck!
You were full-time for one of the semester but didn’t do the exam. You were only truly a part-time student in your last semester.

ValerieO

Mar 27, 2019
You were full-time for one of the semester but didn’t do the exam. You were only truly a part-time student in your last semester.
From what i've gathered from the correspondence with CIC, I was considered part time in my second to last semester as well as I didn't earn the credits - I have an I for incomplete on my transcript for the course that would have made me full time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
From what i've gathered from the correspondence with CIC, I was considered part time in my second to last semester as well as I didn't earn the credits - I have an I for incomplete on my transcript for the course that would have made me full time.
Think you got some flexibility because you actually attended the course for the whole semester.

JASPRET

Jan 23, 2020
Hi all,
Good luck!
Hi can you explain little bit about explanation letters. I m in same situation and prepare my file.

ValerieO

Mar 27, 2019
Hi can you explain little bit about explanation letters. I m in same situation and prepare my file.
Basically you write a letter to the visa officer explaining the reasons for your part time semesters, if you can also get a letter from your school ex. a student advisor that will really help your case.