+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP 18 months extension round 2

Lavenaa

Dec 8, 2021
I was wondering if anyone is waiting for the PGWP extension in the second round? I got an email in August saying I can receive the PGWP extension if I renew my passport (which I have). The IRCC website said the second round starts on Sept 14. But I have not received additional instructions at all since that first August email. So was wondering if anyone else has received their PGWP extension email?

Sriram03

Dec 22, 2020
My PGWP expired on Feb 24 and I applied for BOWP on Feb 24 hoping I could attach AOR after ITA through web form. Managed to submit AOR on sep 9 and I was in maintained status. I got refusal letter today stating the officer is not satisfied.

My refusal letter says my temporary resident status expired on 4 oct, 2022 which is today and I have 90 days to extend my status.
Should I apply for a status restoration with PGWP extension or no?
PGWP extension under new public policy or apply for BOWP again with AOR?
Am I eligible to continue working? - I have intermin work authorization email from Ircc valid till May 2023

Please advice. Thanks

abhi93

Mar 18, 2019
I was wondering if anyone is waiting for the PGWP extension in the second round? I got an email in August saying I can receive the PGWP extension if I renew my passport (which I have). The IRCC website said the second round starts on Sept 14. But I have not received additional instructions at all since that first August email. So was wondering if anyone else has received their PGWP extension email?
Even I am waiting for an email to update my address. On the website it says if pgwp expiring after 2 Oct, you have to update address by 10th Oct but there’s no email from IRCC regarding how to update!!

ali gur

Jul 13, 2017
I have just received the approved message on IRCC. it says they sent the new extension permit to me.
However it's 16 months. not 18 months. Do you guys know If I can send them an email about it?

Lavenaa

Dec 8, 2021
Even I am waiting for an email to update my address. On the website it says if pgwp expiring after 2 Oct, you have to update address by 10th Oct but there’s no email from IRCC regarding how to update!!
It's on the home page, you have to scroll down to the "start an application" section and the last link there should be for you to update your PGWP address/passport

Daria13

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2023
It's on the home page, you have to scroll down to the "start an application" section and the last link there should be for you to update your PGWP address/passport
What? i do not have that link. And I also never received an email with instructions.

abhi93

Mar 18, 2019
I am not getting such option!! I have filled up a webform to update the address

Mandalorian

Nov 21, 2019
winnipeg
NOC Code......
I have just received the approved message on IRCC. it says they sent the new extension permit to me.
However it's 16 months. not 18 months. Do you guys know If I can send them an email about it?
Was your passport valid for the next 18 months?

cd00

Nov 16, 2022

cd00

Nov 16, 2022
I received the email in August about 18 months extension to the pgwp. My last pgwp expired October 19th. So I expected the extension in the mail by mid October. I haven't received it. Anyone else in a similar situation?

I can't find any way to contact ircc, apart from webforms- to which I haven't had any reply. I have the interim work permit until may 2023. I don't know if I can leave canada and return to work with just that and the ETA. Any advice appreciated.

Harvey.nora

Nov 28, 2022
I got the 1st round email on Aug 2nd and then received my interim work authorization email on Aug 10. Also on Sept 26th I got an email to update/confirm my address butt since my add hadn’t changed I ignored the email. Am I in the clear? #pgwpextension

Choco1

Sep 21, 2021
I received the email in August about 18 months extension to the pgwp. My last pgwp expired October 19th. So I expected the extension in the mail by mid October. I haven't received it. Anyone else in a similar situation?

I can't find any way to contact ircc, apart from webforms- to which I haven't had any reply. I have the interim work permit until may 2023. I don't know if I can leave canada and return to work with just that and the ETA. Any advice appreciated.
Hi, did you receive the new work permit by mail? I'm in same situation. Haven't received my new permit

Choco1

Sep 21, 2021
Hi everyone,

Initially I got an email from iRCC on Aug 2nd saying that my work permit has been extended for further 18 months (mine expired on oct 4th). Then I received an email about interim work authorisation. My concern is I haven't received the new work permit yet. I'm unable to reach IRCC. Is there anyone in same situation? Do I need to apply online or wait till I get the permit?