28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello,
in case pgp2020 does not turn the way people expecting and do not get spot in there in 2020, then can we apply H&C application on the basis of these 2 points

1. PGP2019 was more or less computer typing test.
2. Government secretly settled with people who sued them for PGP2019 flaws.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/immigration-parent-sponsorship-legal-settlement-1.5154407

Thanks
No - this will not be grounds for an H&C case.

To successfully apply through H&C, you would need to show that you meet the criteria outlined in the link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/after-apply-next-steps/refusal-options/humanitarian-compassionate-grounds.html

As a general rule, H&C applications for parents have some chance of being successful when the person wanting to bring them to Canada (their son or daughter) is an only child. If the parents have multiple children, it's generally very hard to prove H&C unless all of them happen to be setting in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just an example of how an H&C case turned out. It isn’t a replacement for PGP. There was never a guarantee that parents could move to Canada when you immigrated. Getting denied H&C could result in your parent not being able to visit you. I anticipate that many will decide to try a H&C and many will be in for a big shock when they are denied. Many people spread rumours that all you have to say that it will be in the best interest of grandchildren and it is automatic approval.

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/421303/index.do

Armiti

Apr 30, 2018
Hello Guys,

Any update on GPG 2020? Since I have sent paper documents, Did not receive any email.

Premsinghr

Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

My parents got selected in PGP2020 draw and received their medical in March, 2022. My Mom has a creatinine level of 2.5 (medical was done in India). She is also diabetic but not severe. Will that create a problem in getting her the Permanent Residency. As for my Dad's report, it is fine.

Can someone please help if you have any info.

Regards,

Premsinghr

Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

My parents got selected in PGP2020 draw and received their medical in March, 2022. My Mom has a creatinine level of 2.5 (normal is 0.9-1.4). The medical was done in India. She is also diabetic but not severe. Will that create a problem in getting her the Permanent Residency. As for my Dad's report, it is fine.

Regards,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

My parents got selected in PGP2020 draw and received their medical in March, 2022. My Mom has a creatinine level of 2.5 (medical was done in India). She is also diabetic but not severe. Will that create a problem in getting her the Permanent Residency. As for my Dad's report, it is fine.

Regards,
Yes it could be an issue. Would expect that she may need to see a nephrologist to determine level of kidney failure and likely need for dialysis or a transplant in the future. She should be working to improve her kidney function in general because her kidney function is already impaired likely due to the diabetes. Please don’t post multiple times. Looks like you posted the same question 6-7 times