+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP2020 Personal History (advice please)

nanaykopo

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. If both parents are unemployed is it less chance of getting their PR approved?
My fathers previous forms when still applying for supervisa we always put in self-employed. (he's in a small business but unregistered so no tax proof or anything). Just curious if we should just write unemployed now or still self employed. Do they ask for employment certificates or income along the way (for parents)?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This is a basic rule for immigration.
Put down what is true. For PGP, they do not care if the parents are employed. But their employment history helps on the background check.
They do not usually (I haven't seen that) ask for proof of employment of parents nor any tax information.
But it would be strange for them to be unemployed for years and still support their children all the years.
If he is self-employed, put down self-employed.

Reactions: nanaykopo

Premsinghr

Sep 17, 2017
Hi,

My parents got selected in PGP2020 draw and received their medical in March, 2022. My Mom has a creatinine level of 2.5 (normal is 0.9-1.4). The medical was done in India. She is also diabetic but not severe. Will that create a problem in getting her the Permanent Residency. As for my Dad's report, it is fine.

Can someone please help if you have any info.

Regards,