+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pgp with dependent

Ida remi

May 2, 2021
Hello,I plan on sponsoring my parents when the pgp will open,but i have some questions?
My brother will turn 22 by this year and he has suffered epilepsy 6-7 years ago just a few seizures and its been 6 years that he is seizures free ,but he is dependent on my parents because my parents don't want him to work because if he is in a lot of stress or he is not happy with something might lead to the seizures. My question was if i get the chance to apply for my parents pr in the future and my brother is over 22 will he be dependent on my parents and sponsor him to ?
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,I plan on sponsoring my parents when the pgp will open,but i have some questions?
My brother will turn 22 by this year and he has suffered epilepsy 6-7 years ago just a few seizures and its been 6 years that he is seizures free ,but he is dependent on my parents because my parents don't want him to work because if he is in a lot of stress or he is not happy with something might lead to the seizures. My question was if i get the chance to apply for my parents pr in the future and my brother is over 22 will he be dependent on my parents and sponsor him to ?
Thank you
You can certainly try including him as an over 22 dependent and see if it works. It's hard for us to guess the outcome. I assume your brother is fully dependent on your parents, lives with them, and doesn't work at all.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes he is fully dependent on them ,lives with them ,and hasn't been working since now !
Well, he doesn't work that means he is financially dependent on your parents. But can he take care of himself? Like wash himself and feed himself and move around by himself?

There is a pos and cons of including him as a dependent adult. If his medical needs exceed the limit ( excessive demand on health or social services), your parents' application could be refused. Again, we do not know. You will have to weight the pos and cons and give it a try one way or the other when PGP becomes available.

Ida remi

May 2, 2021
He does everything by himself,he hasn't take anything medication for more than 6 years and all this years he has been seizures free thanks god ,but my parents can not live him by himself back home because the seizures might come back and my siblings are all in canada ,so I don't know its very confusing?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He does everything by himself,he hasn't take anything medication for more than 6 years and all this years he has been seizures free thanks god ,but my parents can not live him by himself back home because the seizures might come back and my siblings are all in canada ,so I don't know its very confusing?
It's very hard for any of us to say. IRCC may accept him as a dependent or may determine his condition is not sufficiently serious to meet the criteria.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Without any medication or seizures in 6-7 years I would assume that it will be very difficult to include him after he turns 22. It is really for adults that have pretty significant impairments that make them fully dependent and unable to live on their own. Did your brother complete any form or schooling? Has a doctor indicated that after being seizure free for 6-7 years that he is unable to work, study, care for himself, etc. Would have a plan B. As you know we have no idea what the PGP program will look like but no matter what demand will far exceed the amount of spots.

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Question that could be asked , is why isn’t he taking anti seizure medication ? Sounds like he once took medication, why did he stop ?
And you mentioned he hasn’t been working since now ? So he’s NEVER worked , or just recently stopped working ?

Last edited: