+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP type of travel document when approved

sohereiam

Feb 3, 2023
Hello everyone. I was wondering.. when a PGP application is finally approved and parent is ready to travel to Canada:

1.- What type of PRTD do they get? multiple entry?
2.- How much time do they have to travel to Canada?

Im asking this because parent (if approved) will probably have to go back to their home country to finish some last details.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone. I was wondering.. when a PGP application is finally approved and parent is ready to travel to Canada:

Im asking this because parent (if approved) will probably have to go back to their home country to finish some last details.

Thanks.
1. They will get a COPR which is a one-time entry document.
2. Until the medical expires.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Thanks.
Are your parents waiting for their PGP application in Canada (TRV or Super visa)?

If so, they will get eCOPR and then they can either wait for their PR cards or travel back to home country and apply for PRTD.

I am not sure if PRTD will be mutli-entries.

Reactions: sohereiam

sohereiam

Feb 3, 2023
1. They will get a COPR which is a one-time entry document.
2. Until the medical expires.
Are your parents waiting for their PGP application in Canada (TRV or Super visa)?

If so, they will get eCOPR and then they can either wait for their PR cards or travel back to home country and apply for PRTD.

I am not sure if PRTD will be mutli-entries.
Thanks for the replies. Parent is not in Canada.

In that case my parent should travel immediately to Canada and wait for the PR Card and then travel back to home country, i guess...?
How long does it take to get a PR Card in this case?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

In that case my parent should travel immediately to Canada and wait for the PR Card and then travel back to home country, i guess...?
The need to travel to Canada and land before their COPRs expire. They do not have to wait for their PR cards to be ready before leaving. They can leave Canada without their PR cards. To return to Canada, someone can either mail their PR cards to them outside of Canada (IRCC will only send them to a Canadian address) or they can apply for a PRTD.

sohereiam

Feb 3, 2023
The need to travel to Canada and land before their COPRs expire. They do not have to wait for their PR cards to be ready before leaving. They can leave Canada without their PR cards. To return to Canada, someone can either mail their PR cards to them outside of Canada (IRCC will only send them to a Canadian address) or they can apply for a PRTD.

So after landing in Canada they only have to meet their PR Obligations. So outside 2 years max in a 5 year period.

THANKS!

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

In that case, scylla has answered your question.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So after landing in Canada they only have to meet their PR Obligations. So outside 2 years max in a 5 year period.

THANKS!
Residency obligation is 2 years living in Canada within any rolling 5 year period.