+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP program question

anish_s

Jan 20, 2010
Hello folks!

I am happy to report that after wait of few years, finally IRCC office has requested for passport of my mother for finalizing her application for PR under the PGP program and they have given us 30 days to send her passport.

My mother applied from Costa Rica and the visa office processing her application is Mexico. She is currently visiting me on a tourist visa in Canada and has been here since February 2028. As her visa is valid until August, we already had plans to have her here with us and also obtained private insurance.

Can someone please guide me if I can somehow get her immigrant visa stamped, while she is here with me in Canada....does IRCC allow that? Has someone here been in a similar situation as me on this forum?

Kindly advise, I would really appreciate a response.

Thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello folks!

I am happy to report that after wait of few years, finally IRCC office has requested for passport of my mother for finalizing her application for PR under the PGP program and they have given us 30 days to send her passport.

My mother applied from Costa Rica and the visa office processing her application is Mexico. She is currently visiting me on a tourist visa in Canada and has been here since February 2028. As her visa is valid until August, we already had plans to have her here with us and also obtained private insurance.

Can someone please guide me if I can somehow get her immigrant visa stamped, while she is here with me in Canada....does IRCC allow that? Has someone here been in a similar situation as me on this forum?

Kindly advise, I would really appreciate a response.

Thank you
Yes. Read the instruction carefully. There should be steps to inform IRCC that she is in Canada instead of submitting her passport to a VO. You should have updated her address back in Feb (I assume 2028 is a typo).
She will likely do virtual landing (portal 1, 2 and eCOPR). Just read the forum posts. Many people are landing inland that way.