+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP if 1 parent is inadmissible on medical grounds what happens to other parent?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Efc said:
I am on same boat now. I applied for my parents PR visa. My father has heart disease and diabetic condition for the past few years. My parents got medicals request for PR last week and they went for medical test this week. During medical my parents provided all the records for existing medical conditions and the treatment which they are undergoing. But the doctor concerned about the heart condition.

Now, based on the physician's report, will they reject my parents application? I am bit worried.
Hi

No one on here can say whether your father will be declared medically inadmissible. It is very specific to each person, the level of their condition(s) and their projected medical needs. You will just need to wait and see what they say.

dreamcanada87

Dec 4, 2016
well you can have private medical insurance for ur father .itz easily available in Alberta or show proof like anybody from ur home country will bear the expenses of him.don't worry he can come it if he is admissible.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
dreamcanada87 said:
well you can have private medical insurance for ur father .itz easily available in Alberta or show proof like anybody from ur home country will bear the expenses of him.don't worry he can come it if he is admissible.
Private insurance and declarations that they will pay for their own care do NOT work in medical inadmissibility situations. Such promises are not legally enforcable. PRs have the right to healthcare.

Efc

Jul 17, 2016
Thanks a lot canuck_in_uk and dreamcanada87 for your advice and inputs.

Much appreciated. I will update this page once I hear from cic.

goa123

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
I intend to sponsor both my parents under the PGP scheme. My father has been diabetic for 35+ years and recently developed a heart condition too. My mother on the other hand is healthy.

a) So I wanted to know, if I applied under PGP sponsorship program for their immigration, with mother as primary applicant and father as her dependant, and during medical examination, my father was deemed inadmissible due to medical grounds, then will that cause my mothers application to be rejected as well or can I choose to pursue my mothers application separately at that point? Or must I make a fresh application for my mother alone later on?

b) If incase I decide to appeal the rejection on humanitarian grounds, which can take years to settle, will that hold back my mother's processing too?

Kindly advice, thanks.
Hi There ,
Did your parents got PR ? I am 2019 applicant and my Dad has Cancer ,
In this case will my MOM will not get PR ? wanted to know what happen to your file

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi There ,
Did your parents got PR ? I am 2019 applicant and my Dad has Cancer ,
In this case will my MOM will not get PR ? wanted to know what happen to your file
See my first post in this thread. Nothing has changed since then.