+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2023

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Question: Travel Document
1. Do we need to include all pages when submitting passport ?
2. Do i need to include old passport as well?
@csvinayak

BOWPhelp

Jun 26, 2019
Question for everyone:
Would it be beneficial for processing timeline if I apply for my parents after they are in Canada on visitor visa? Or the timeline is same regardless of wherever they are in the world?

Does the country of processing depend on where the applicant is or the sponsor?
@csvinayak @Naturgrl would appreciate some help here please

satpal0612

Dec 21, 2022
I have received ITa for my parents, but my father has expired in 2021 and I have grandfather and mother in my family. who will be the principal applicant and second person which class dependent, A, B or C

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have received ITa for my parents, but my father has expired in 2021 and I have grandfather and mother in my family. who will be the principal applicant and second person which class dependent, A, B or C
Your mother becomes PA. There is no secondary applicant. Your grandfather is not part of the application. You would have submitted a profile for him separately in 2020 to be in the pool.

Nov 27, 2023
Hi, I have a question regarding form IMM0008, where it asks about my parents, that if they have lived more than 6 months outside their country of citizenship or residence. And I understand from guide that this time is cummulative even if each stay is less than 6 months.

In my case, my parents have visited me multiple times for an average of 2-3 months, cummulative is well over 1.5 years, out of which 1 stay was also more than 6 months. now my question is that in status of immigration i choose, visitor? and also start date and end date should be visa date? also they both had 2 visitor visas, as old passports expired, so do I mention both Visas stamped with start and end date?

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Hi, I have a question regarding form IMM0008, where it asks about my parents, that if they have lived more than 6 months outside their country of citizenship or residence. And I understand from guide that this time is cummulative even if each stay is less than 6 months.

In my case, my parents have visited me multiple times for an average of 2-3 months, cummulative is well over 1.5 years, out of which 1 stay was also more than 6 months. now my question is that in status of immigration i choose, visitor? and also start date and end date should be visa date? also they both had 2 visitor visas, as old passports expired, so do I mention both Visas stamped with start and end date?
You need to mention exact dates they travelled and stayed more than 6months in one visit. (No cummulative)

anandz

Sep 27, 2021
That is not corrrect! Everyone has been waiting to get their parents sponsored! Who said it is only people who are in the pool who are waiting. What is unfair is that there are many Canadian Citizens who are eligible to sponsor but for any reasons they are not in the pool of 2020 and now they have zero chance ! While Permanent residents (not even citizens) could have chance until 2020! For example a permanent resident who got their PR cards in 2020 and have 1 year of income (some provinces require one year) had a chance and some even invited their parents! So PLEASE STOP ABOUT EXPLAINING WHAT IS FAIR AND WHAT IS NOT FAIR!

Did they tell us if you don't register in the 2020 you will have zero chance in the future to sponsor your parents? NO they did not!
Dear, if someone has not applied in 2020, that person was most probably not eligible. There is no point being aggressive in your reply.
That being said, I still advocate to open this PGP system next year for all and improve the selection process based in the eligiblity and the wait time.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That is not corrrect! Everyone has been waiting to get their parents sponsored! Who said it is only people who are in the pool who are waiting. What is unfair is that there are many Canadian Citizens who are eligible to sponsor but for any reasons they are not in the pool of 2020 and now they have zero chance ! While Permanent residents (not even citizens) could have chance until 2020! For example a permanent resident who got their PR cards in 2020 and have 1 year of income (some provinces require one year) had a chance and some even invited their parents! So PLEASE STOP ABOUT EXPLAINING WHAT IS FAIR AND WHAT IS NOT FAIR!

Did they tell us if you don't register in the 2020 you will have zero chance in the future to sponsor your parents? NO they did not!
The government likely didn’t know they would be closing the pool for numerous years. The ficus was on Covid and announcing PGP2020 before the election that year. The government is attempting to find a way to prioritize people be the demand for spots is nowhere close to the amount of spots available and with the recent increase in newcomers the demand will continue to increase. The healthcare infrastructure is also crumbling so attending more seniors who have not lived and worked in Canada while others can’t access care may become very difficult to justify. There are millions of taxpayers in Canada without GPs for example. The government needs to be honest with people that parent sponsorship is no guaranteed and people should only move to Canada knowing parent sponsorship may not be possible.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The government likely didn’t know they would be closing the pool for numerous years. The ficus was on Covid and announcing PGP2020 before the election that year. The government is attempting to find a way to prioritize people be the demand for spots is nowhere close to the amount of spots available and with the recent increase in newcomers the demand will continue to increase. The healthcare infrastructure is also crumbling so attending more seniors who have not lived and worked in Canada while others can’t access care may become very difficult to justify. There are millions of taxpayers in Canada without GPs for example. The government needs to be honest with people that parent sponsorship is no guaranteed and people should only move to Canada knowing parent sponsorship may not be possible.
They likely didn't know? That's probably because their minister kept changing - from Ahmed Hussen to Sean Fraser annd now Marc Miller! Each person in office for such a brief period.