+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2021 - minimum income requirement- option C break down of income

wasda_punjab

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Did you select the option to continue processing the application even if the sponsor is refused? If so, IRCC will continue to process the application (per your instructions) and will not send the refusal until the end. If you did not select this option, then you can expect the refusal letter earlier.
I have no idea, about that but it sounds dumb, why should they continue processing the application if they have to refuse it anyways

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have no idea, about that but it sounds dumb, why should they continue processing the application if they have to refuse it anyways
You, as the applicant, would have chosen whether to go ahead with processing or not if the sponsor is not found to be eligible. Most people fee the best option is to say no and have IRCC stop processing if the sponsor is not found to qualify. However some people tell IRCC to continue. I think the logic behind that is that they can perhaps try to appeal the sponsor refusal if the rest of the application is refused.

Anyway, ultimately it depends which option you picked of the two.

Reactions: canuck78 and YVR123

wasda_punjab

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
today received the medical requests for my parents, after being advised minimum income not met, biometrics were done in March 2023, is it a positive sign for application processing or is it just the regular way of processing and they will send the refusal letter later? anyone else had similar experience?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
today received the medical requests for my parents, after being advised minimum income not met, biometrics were done in March 2023, is it a positive sign for application processing or is it just the regular way of processing and they will send the refusal letter later? anyone else had similar experience?
depending on if you check the box to continue the application after sponsor is refused. This is needed to try to proceed for appeal.

"If we refuse you as a sponsor, you can choose to have us continue processing the application for permanent residence for your family members."

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Precisely
Actual. Lico
2018 $59,512 $60,271
2019 $95,821 $61,209
2020 $99,641 $48,167
What about 2020+? People think they can just refile after “discovering“ cash income to meet LICO without issue. The fact that your account has been flagged, potentially being audited, etc. is very serious and can have significant implications and longterm consequences not to mention could get very expensive.

wasda_punjab

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
What about 2020+? People think they can just refile after “discovering“ cash income to meet LICO without issue. The fact that your account has been flagged, potentially being audited, etc. is very serious and can have significant implications and longterm consequences not to mention could get very expensive.
the 2021 and 2022 income are also simialr to 2019 and 2020, only 2018 was lower, i have no clue what is going on with my file, only requesting people to share their experiences if they met with such situation.

wasda_punjab

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Hello,

Have you received any updates on your case?
I found myself in the same issue this year... :(
just got the passports stamped for the parents yesterday, idk what they did but i am assuming since my income was just marginally off from the lico required, the officer sent an email couple months ago, he advised we fonot meet the lico but asked to fill out the new application form for year 2020, 2021 and 2022, which eliminated the year 2019 from my application and then we attached a summary of our bank statements and property ownership, we got lucky to get it approved.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
just got the passports stamped for the parents yesterday, idk what they did but i am assuming since my income was just marginally off from the lico required, the officer sent an email couple months ago, he advised we fonot meet the lico but asked to fill out the new application form for year 2020, 2021 and 2022, which eliminated the year 2019 from my application and then we attached a summary of our bank statements and property ownership, we got lucky to get it approved.
You got really lucky. Your case officer did extra to help to move your case forward. Best of luck with reuniting with your parents.

Last edited:
Reactions: wasda_punjab
Nov 29, 2023
Congrats! That is so great to here. A glimpse of hope... because it seems that my application is doomed according to the readings and inquiries I am doing.. the only downside is that 2022 is my most recent year lol. Unless they ask me for 2020,2021 and 2023 which would be great!

I am looking to reassess my notice of assessment and discuss with my accountant if we missed anything.. what are your thoughts on this? Did it cross your mind?

Reactions: wasda_punjab

wasda_punjab

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
Congrats! That is so great to here. A glimpse of hope... because it seems that my application is doomed according to the readings and inquiries I am doing.. the only downside is that 2022 is my most recent year lol. Unless they ask me for 2020,2021 and 2023 which would be great!

I am looking to reassess my notice of assessment and discuss with my accountant if we missed anything.. what are your thoughts on this? Did it cross your mind?
i tried refiling myself on cra portal, didnt work, went to accountant, he confused me with some red flags and chances of getting audited and shit, just prayed to god, didnt bug any officer for any enquiry, we filed in 2021 and just received the passport stamps, probably the officer asked to refill the application form because of the time lapsed plus our income was off by a little margin, hope that helps

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i tried refiling myself on cra portal, didnt work, went to accountant, he confused me with some red flags and chances of getting audited and shit, just prayed to god, didnt bug any officer for any enquiry, we filed in 2021 and just received the passport stamps, probably the officer asked to refill the application form because of the time lapsed plus our income was off by a little margin, hope that helps
You likely got approved because the subsequent years were significantly higher than LICO. Had your income been in the 60k region not the 90k region for the rest of the years chances of denial would have been much higher. The fact that IRCC sets requirements, lets people apply without meeting them and then approves them sets an awful precedent. Now so many people apply for PGP without meeting conditions that people totally disregard the requirements in many cases while a few diligent people look up their income and don’t apply when they don’t meet the requirements. Sadly if you follow IRCC’s rules you end up losing and are often rewarded when you don’t. Hopefully IRCC will set up a program that will verify income before applications are processed and also raise LICO to reflect actual cost of living. In most cases families wouldn’t be able to pay for all the additional expenses that comes with ageing that are not covered. Many will have to use foodbanks after sponsoring their parents given the LICO levels.

wasda_punjab

Star Member
Apr 9, 2013
You likely got approved because the subsequent years were significantly higher than LICO. Had your income been in the 60k region not the 90k region for the rest of the years chances of denial would have been much higher. The fact that IRCC sets requirements, lets people apply without meeting them and then approves them sets an awful precedent. Now so many people apply for PGP without meeting conditions that people totally disregard the requirements in many cases while a few diligent people look up their income and don’t apply when they don’t meet the requirements. Sadly if you follow IRCC’s rules you end up losing and are often rewarded when you don’t. Hopefully IRCC will set up a program that will verify income before applications are processed and also raise LICO to reflect actual cost of living. In most cases families wouldn’t be able to pay for all the additional expenses that comes with ageing that are not covered. Many will have to use foodbanks after sponsoring their parents given the LICO levels.
for the same reason ircc says they will process 15000 complete applications of the full quota of 20000 or whatever their number is. thats 25% of the application, so qualification does matter