+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2021 - Change of address - parents now on visit on Canada

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
HI,

Ive applied to the PGP 2021. My parents are now in Canada on visitor visa, does this constitute a change of address? If yes how to update it? Also , if I show this as a change of address, this would mean they have permanently moved, which is not the case until they get a PR. Please suggest

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
HI,

Ive applied to the PGP 2021. My parents are now in Canada on visitor visa, does this constitute a change of address? If yes how to update it? Also , if I show this as a change of address, this would mean they have permanently moved, which is not the case until they get a PR. Please suggest
If they are here for only a short trip, fine to not change the address.

If you change the address, they may get 'invitation to virtual landing' while they are in country and can 'land' (become PRs) without departing. So

In most cases this will be more convenient (MUCH more convenient).

Details of their travel plans matter though and so not in all cases. Again, msotly if the trip is short would be the case where it would not make sense.

Reactions: SoSaPB

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Thanks, They are here at least for 6 more months (will apply for visitor extension). For address change, I will have to prove or give some documents of theirs right showing address change. please guide.

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
Looks like I wont be able to change via this link. They were outside of Canada when I originally applied. Please suggest.

What I see on the page is :
=======================================
There are different ways of changing your address depending on your type of application and where you applied from.

Where are you applying from? (required)
In Canada ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// <---- (lets say I click this)
In the United States
Outside Canada and the United States
If you’re in Canada
In most cases, you can use the online service. The changes should appear in your file within 5 business days.

Step 1 – Check if you can change your address online
You can use the online service if:

your case is being processed in Canada
your address is in Canada
you are moving within three weeks or have already moved
you must also have either:
sponsored a member of the family class,
applied for permanent residence from within Canada,
applied for a Permanent Resident Card,
applied for Canadian citizenship (for yourself or for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen),
applied for proof of citizenship (citizenship certificate),
applied to renounce or resume Canadian citizenship, or
applied for a search of the citizenship records.