Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
Hello Everyone today I received Medical Exam passed for my Parent's file.

File Submitted: Feb 26
Documents Requested: April
AOR: September 26
Biometrics was already done with Visitor Visa
Sponsorship DM: 19 Oct
Medical requested: 21 Oct
Medical Completed: 29 Oct
Medical Passed : 17 Nov

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Anyone else with parents here in Canada successfully completed PCC acquisition from India?

What happens when parents are here and there is no one at the Indian residence address? Because we are receiving updates and text alerts that local police authorities will visit and verify address? Do they actually visit? For PCC? What if no one is at the address currently?
Anyone? Any thoughts?

Can a local relative or neighbour go to the local police station and verify my parents’ documents? (Yes they have access to photocopies of all necessary and required documents).

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
Anyone? Any thoughts?

Can a local relative or neighbour go to the local police station and verify my parents’ documents? (Yes they have access to photocopies of all necessary and required documents).
Did you check with BLS? Ideally, it's difficult to Verify and get PCC as it's done through Passport Seva Kendra. PVC was different thing which is not there anymore for Canada Visa. I might be wrong but BLS should help.

Reactions: hotsalsa

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
26-02-2014(spouse); 28-02-2014(PA)
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014(PA); 21-07-2014(spouse)
LANDED..........
23-08-2014(PA); 28-08-2014(spouse)
Hi everyone. nice to see everyeones progress and steady pace. i have some questions i am hoping someone can answer and help me out. i submitted application for my parents on march,2021. in may cic contacted me to re-submit some application with real signature. i did. last week i received a email stating that i "have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."
it also lists all the supporting documents i have submitted already with the application with 3 additional requirements.

*police certificate
*biometrics
*medical-for which it states the instruction will be sent.

i requested my parents to obtain police certificate. and i understand they will get a medical examination request/instruction. my question is

at this point what action should i take?

will they get any letter/instruction for biometrics. they had super visa which expired last year and they gave their fingerprint/biometrics back in 2016 when the super visa was issued. using online tool i found nothing on their website. no record was found for biometrics.

also they/me have failed to link the application to their account. using online status check tool it says application is "in process"

i appreciate all the input and help. thank you

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
Hi everyone. nice to see everyeones progress and steady pace. i have some questions i am hoping someone can answer and help me out. i submitted application for my parents on march,2021. in may cic contacted me to re-submit some application with real signature. i did. last week i received a email stating that i "have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."
it also lists all the supporting documents i have submitted already with the application with 3 additional requirements.

*police certificate
*biometrics
*medical-for which it states the instruction will be sent.

i requested my parents to obtain police certificate. and i understand they will get a medical examination request/instruction. my question is

at this point what action should i take?

will they get any letter/instruction for biometrics. they had super visa which expired last year and they gave their fingerprint/biometrics back in 2016 when the super visa was issued. using online tool i found nothing on their website. no record was found for biometrics.

also they/me have failed to link the application to their account. using online status check tool it says application is "in process"

i appreciate all the input and help. thank you
IMO you should start a Police Clearance certificate. For Biometrics and Medical, they should Ideally send you instructions. I had Biometrics done before PR with Visitor App so no idea about it. But for Visitor as far as I remember they received request.

Reactions: movie

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
Hello Everyone today I received Medical Exam passed for my Parent's file.

File Submitted: Feb 26
Documents Requested: April
AOR: September 26
Biometrics was already done with Visitor Visa
Sponsorship DM: 19 Oct
Medical requested: 21 Oct
Medical Completed: 29 Oct
Medical Passed : 17 Nov
Hi @rosticraphel, please add/update your profile on the 2020 tracker, this would help all of us.
https://immitrackerpro.com/ca/pgp

rj04

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2015
Nomination.....
In Canada on TRV
File Transfer...
19-06-2015. In-Process- Oct 9, 2015
Med's Request
March 07, 2016
Med's Done....
March 08,2016, Doctor sent it on March 14, 2016
Interview........
Waived. Decision Made: March 31, 2016
Passport Req..
April 3,2016. sent April 4, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 20, 2016
LANDED..........
April 30, 2016
I did, apparently they asked for it again in a letter. So I provided it again. Hopefully they read it now. I feel like that letter is a fix template they are sending out to everyone - irrespective of the documents submitted earlier. Just a bunch of bumbling interns running the show I think.
Hi @Kuldeep_Singh, please add/update your profile on the 2020 tracker, this would help all of us.
https://immitrackerpro.com/ca/pgp

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Did you check with BLS? Ideally, it's difficult to Verify and get PCC as it's done through Passport Seva Kendra. PVC was different thing which is not there anymore for Canada Visa. I might be wrong but BLS should help.
Yes, spoke to BLS and they said because the parents are in Canada they (local police authorities in India) shouldn’t have to send you a notification of address visit that too which says “passport verification” and not “police verification” so we both concluded that it’s probably just an automated request as part of their protocol and suggested that a relatives visit to local police station should suffice.

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
I have never heard of police verification getting cleared without physical presence of the person in question.
Wow! What?! When I got my CEC PR in 2018, I got my PCC done within a day through Consulate General in Toronto. Morning application, evening document collection. Whatever they did or verified, there was no physical verification involved by police actually visiting my India address. Within a day! No way they could do that so I guess they just checked my name against any criminal record or activity and cleared me.

I get that there is no same-day service available any more, that’s okay. Things change. Policies change. But wish there was a better way to patch things through when parents are already here in Canada and they will not be physically present at local Indian address.

Also, parents and I physically went to BLS and applied for their PCC. I hope this is physical enough in our case. Haha!

movie

Star Member
Nov 6, 2012
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
20-02-2014
Med's Done....
26-02-2014(spouse); 28-02-2014(PA)
Passport Req..
07-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2014(PA); 21-07-2014(spouse)
LANDED..........
23-08-2014(PA); 28-08-2014(spouse)
IMO you should start a Police Clearance certificate. For Biometrics and Medical, they should Ideally send you instructions. I had Biometrics done before PR with Visitor App so no idea about it. But for Visitor as far as I remember they received request.
thanks! i think so too..i started trying to link their account and application and exhausted 10 tries so far...not sure what i am doing wrong.might send a webform request for help

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
Anyone? Any thoughts?

Just a visit from relative should suffice to speed up the process. For my mum we did not have anyone visit Police Station and it got done without any issue. Submitted request in Brampton BLS on 10/22 and received in mail today. One point to consider is that Passport was renewed in April so PCC was just done then, about 6 months earlier.

Reactions: hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Just a visit from relative should suffice to speed up the process. For my mum we did not have anyone visit Police Station and it got done without any issue. Submitted request in Brampton BLS on 10/22 and received in mail today. One point to consider is that Passport was renewed in April so PCC was just done then, about 6 months earlier.
Good to know. Thank you so much. Sending my uncle to the local police station tomorrow morning IST. Let’s see!

Gosafecan

Jun 8, 2016
It was requested in the sponsorship approval letter. It was not in the document checklist. I already submitted PCC after I got SA (sponsorship approval) letter.
Once you meet the eligibility requirements, you will receive a letter stating that "you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the application for permanent residence for your relative will be processed at "Visa office name". This office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

This letter will also list the documents required for processing.

There were many documents listed in the letter like Proof of relationship (Sponsor and Principal applicant), proof of relationship (principal applicant and dependent spouse), Passport, CV/resume, travel information, and country specific requirements which I submitted with the application.
It also had police certificate listed as one the required document which I submitted after receiving this letter (sponsorship approval letter).
Thanks Jadeja