+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hey sorry to disturb you again just following up on this.

Did you provide them a letter stating a reason for the extension? I saw on the website they require a note for the reason for extension.
I just logged into my Dad’s GC Key to double check what we submitted and no, we haven’t submitted a note for the reason for extension. The list of documents didn’t ask for one at the time of applying and if they do ask for one later then I’ll provide it. We only submitted the following documents (my Dad is the primary applicant):

1. IMM5708 x 2 (One for each parent)
2. Passport x 2 (One for each parent)
3. IMM5713
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Proof of Finances
6. Digital Photo

Total 8 documents between both parents. Hope this helps! Applied for this visitor record extension in late March, still no updates. Parents currently on implied status.

And as for a PGP2020 update, nothing new. Application package received in Ottawa mid-February, still no AOR.

Have a good weekend!

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I just logged into my Dad’s GC Key to double check what we submitted and no, we haven’t submitted a note for the reason for extension. The list of documents didn’t ask for one at the time of applying and if they do ask for one later then I’ll provide it. We only submitted the following documents (my Dad is the primary applicant):

1. IMM5708 x 2 (One for each parent)
2. Passport x 2 (One for each parent)
3. IMM5713
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Proof of Finances
6. Digital Photo

Total 8 documents between both parents. Hope this helps! Applied for this visitor record extension in late March, still no updates. Parents currently on implied status.

And as for a PGP2020 update, nothing new. Application package received in Ottawa mid-February, still no AOR.

Have a good weekend!
Thank you so much for your support! I have a question about one of the questions in the form 5708. The question states: "My expenses in Canada will be paid by". This form is from the point of view of the principle applicant(my dad). So should we put "myself"as the answer or should we put "other" and say "by my son" since its a supervisa? On that same note what should I put for this question for my mom?

Also, for "indicate how long you plan to stay" I want a one year extension so what will I put for the To and From dates?

Last edited:
Reactions: hotsalsa

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Thank you so much for your support! I have a question about one of the questions in the form 5708. The question states: "My expenses in Canada will be paid by". This form is from the point of view of the principle applicant(my dad). So should we put "myself"as the answer or should we put "other" and say "by my son" since its a supervisa? On that same note what should I put for this question for my mom?

Also, for "indicate how long you plan to stay" I want a one year extension so what will I put for the To and From dates?
Hi, these are some really good questions and I’m happy to help!

For both their forms - principal applicant (dad) and mom - I put the answer as “myself” and in the funds available section, I only included amounts available in my parents’ respective bank accounts and did not include any money from my account. If you want to opt for “other” since they’re here and you’re most likely taking care of their expenses, you can do so too but for the sake of simplicity, I just thought it was a better idea to show that my parents can independently take care of themselves if need be. In reality, since they’re here in Canada, it’s my duty to take care of them anyway so it’s all good at the end of the day as long as someone is able to take care of them financially.

For the “how long you want to stay part”, my parents’ 2 years were up in May 2021, so when we applied in late March 2021, I put the date as May 2022 (indicating just an extension of a reasonable 1 year from May 2021).

Now obviously it will be a few months by the time they process the application so when they do grant the extension, it will most likely be 1 year from the day of approval and not just from day of approval until May 2022. They’re nice that way. Hopefully. But regardless, the whole idea behind applying for an extension is to see this pandemic through, get vaccines in and avoid non-essential international travel. All eyes on getting the PR application processed so then there’s no need for any extensions and renewals and visas etc.

Hope this was helpful information. Good luck!

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

pgp2020iran

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Hi, these are some really good questions and I’m happy to help!

For both their forms - principal applicant (dad) and mom - I put the answer as “myself” and in the funds available section, I only included amounts available in my parents’ respective bank accounts and did not include any money from my account. If you want to opt for “other” since they’re here and you’re most likely taking care of their expenses, you can do so too but for the sake of simplicity, I just thought it was a better idea to show that my parents can independently take care of themselves if need be. In reality, since they’re here in Canada, it’s my duty to take care of them anyway so it’s all good at the end of the day as long as someone is able to take care of them financially.

For the “how long you want to stay part”, my parents’ 2 years were up in May 2021, so when we applied in late March 2021, I put the date as May 2022 (indicating just an extension of a reasonable 1 year from May 2021).

Now obviously it will be a few months by the time they process the application so when they do grant the extension, it will most likely be 1 year from the day of approval and not just from day of approval until May 2022. They’re nice that way. Hopefully. But regardless, the whole idea behind applying for an extension is to see this pandemic through, get vaccines in and avoid non-essential international travel. All eyes on getting the PR application processed so then there’s no need for any extensions and renewals and visas etc.

Hope this was helpful information. Good luck!
Hi, very detailed and friendly explanation, good luck and may God bless you and your parents.

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi, very detailed and friendly explanation, good luck and may God bless you and your parents.
Hey, thank you so much! I try to be as clear and informative to the best of my knowledge and experience. I really appreciate your kindness. I wish you the very best too!! Thanks again!

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Just FYI, if anyone is interested.

My application was delivered on February 9, 2021 as per Canada Post tracker. I am able to find my application today at https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en
Details entered
All Sponsor's details including UCI

1. We received your application to sponsor ****on February 9, 2021. Dependents listed on the application are: ****

Not able to link the application in online account. But based on what I read from other members, I believe I should be able to link the application to account after a day or two.

bsingh14

Jan 19, 2021

My application was delivered on February 9, 2021 as per Canada Post tracker. I am able to find my application today at https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?app=ecas&lang=en
Details entered

1. We received your application to sponsor ****on February 9, 2021. Dependents listed on the application are: ****

Not able to link the application in online account. But based on what I read from other members, I believe I should be able to link the application to account after a day or two.
Interesting, my application was received on the same day, Feb 9, still cant find it using ECAS.

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021

Details entered

I too just checked this link and after entering my (sponsor’s) UCI and other details, I was able to see that they’ve received my application on Feb 15, 2021 which is correct (Yay! Thank you Canada Post).

That’s pretty much it! No other update or AOR or anything.

Just that this is the sponsor (me) sponsoring this primary applicant (dad) and this dependent (mom) and the fact that it was delivered when Canada Post said it was delivered is a good official validation to have - that yes IRCC has officially received my application.

Also, not gonna lie, I kept entering my parents’ details and UCI from their previous Super Visa application without any success only to later realize they want my UCI which is xxxx-xxxx LOL!

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
I too just checked this link and after entering my (sponsor’s) UCI and other details, I was able to see that they’ve received my application on Feb 15, 2021 which is correct (Yay! Thank you Canada Post).

That’s pretty much it! No other update or AOR or anything.

Just that this is the sponsor (me) sponsoring this primary applicant (dad) and this dependent (mom) and the fact that it was delivered when Canada Post said it was delivered is a good official validation to have - that yes IRCC has officially received my application.

Also, not gonna lie, I kept entering my parents’ details and UCI from their previous Super Visa application without any success only to later realize they want my UCI which is xxxx-xxxx LOL!
Hi, did you ever receive an additional document request?

natsy

May 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 4, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb. 18, 2013; OWP: May 2, 2013; AIP: May 20, 2014
Med's Request
LC2: May 20, 2014
Med's Done....
LC2: June 5, 2014; LC2 Docs Rcvd: June 23, 2014; PR approval email: July 21, 2014
Interview........
Aug. 20, 2014
Passport Req..
LC2 PPR: July 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LC2 Visa Issued: Oct. 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Aug. 20, 2014
Hi Everyone - Are we supposed to see anything on the online tracking tool if we didn’t get the AOR yet? Right now I’m using my (sponsor) UCI and other info to check status but it doesn’t show anything related to the PGP application. I sent my application in late February.
same thing here…

bikcan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
App. Filed.......
22-11-2016
AOR Received.
26-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-04-2017 (Passed)
I have not received any additional document requests so far. I’m also not expecting to get one. As far as I know, everything should be good. Hopefully.
That is good. Why I asked is because I called CIC today. They mentioned that the requested document with some missing information was received on March 21st and they uploaded it on the file on April 14th. The agent told me that people with Jan-Feb document delivery date should expect AOR now and I should wait until August end. This information is matching from your timeline.

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
That is good. Why I asked is because I called CIC today. They mentioned that the requested document with some missing information was received on March 21st and they uploaded it on the file on April 14th. The agent told me that people with Jan-Feb document delivery date should expect AOR now and I should wait until August end. This information is matching from your timeline.
Sounds good! Thanks so much for the update. I will let y’all know as soon as I get my AOR.