+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

Kapsajan70

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
CanadaPost delivered my application package with a status that says : Delivered to recipient's delivery partner. Is that normal - I was expecting a signature since I sent using XpressPost.
Its same for me as well, I believe due to Covid Protocols they are taking signatures but ask CP.

Did you fwd. the package mentioning CPC-M-PGP or CPC-PGP.

mariadette

Jan 6, 2021
Hi all. I have a question. So my birth certificate has a correction of my last name annotated on the 1st page and its legalized. But its written really small on the side and Im worried that it wont be noticed and would cause any problem. Should I attach an explanation letter to it? Thank you !

Last edited:

winterc11

Jan 7, 2021
HI,

I had a question, I am sponsoring my parents in 2020 program, my mom is the principal applicant.
Does the principal applicant have to fill out additional dependant declaration form IMM008DEP or my dad(dependant) has to fill it out?
In the guide it says if there are 5 or more dependants only then we have to fill i tout?
Please guide as I am confused about this form

Thank you

Kuldeep_Singh

Dec 31, 2017
Its same for me as well, I believe due to Covid Protocols they are taking signatures but ask CP.

The guide gave the address as: CPC-M-PGP, so that is where I sent the package. I guess it shouldn't make much difference since it is the PO Box number which counts, and it is the same for both addresses.

Kuldeep_Singh

Dec 31, 2017
HI,

I had a question, I am sponsoring my parents in 2020 program, my mom is the principal applicant.
Does the principal applicant have to fill out additional dependant declaration form IMM008DEP or my dad(dependant) has to fill it out?
In the guide it says if there are 5 or more dependants only then we have to fill i tout?
Please guide as I am confused about this form

Thank you
Yes, it should be filled only if applicants (primary applicant as well as all dependents) have more than 5 dependents.

Last edited:

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Hi
i have question related to name change
I changed my name
First it was abc kaur which CIC always used as my last name and i didn't have first name on immigration documents so on my Citizen certificate it is abc Kaur
but i legally changed it after getting citizenship to abc kaur xyz, ABc (first name) Kaur (middle name) xyz(last name) and i sent an application to CIC to changed it on my citizenship certificate as will in September and then they opened PGP 2020 interest to sponsor so i used abc kaur because that was on certificate
Now on all my documents My name is abc kaur xyz, what should i do?
I cannot apply for urgent application because i already sent application in September for name change, i called CIC that i submitted my application they said they haven't opened any applications received in OCT 2020,
i do not think i will get my citizenship certificate with new name till end of the year may be next year because i know somebody who applied in may, 2020 for name changed haven't even received application number
What should i do? is it enough to submit name change certificate from Ontario with the application, on all my immigration documents my name is still abc kaur
I was co-signer for my Inlaws sponsor application of 2018 intake. IRCC accepted I attached my legal name change certificate with mu actual birth certificate. So don’t worry it will be just fine.

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Hi, Can anybody advise- my mom has stayed for 3 months in 2018 and 5 months in 2019 on visitor visa in Canada. Do i need to attach PCC/ background for the visit check from Canada now or when they ask for it?
IRCC will ask if they need PCC from the countries she lived in for more then 6 months consecutive or collectively. Just wait for the instruction letter. IRCC does not encourage to apply before hand and submit the PCC with first application package and even you did voluntarily, they will again ask you as PCC has validation /expiry date.

teaquad

Jan 8, 2021
For Forms that need to be validated to generate barcode, I'm unable to do so as mothers surname is blank in her passport and full name under given name. so I'm forced to leave that space blank on the form therefore unable to validate and generate barcode. in the guide it says applications will be returned without barcode.... very worried, how do i provide an explanation?

teaquad

Jan 8, 2021
In the Guide 5772, it says one of the forms to be signed by the principal applicant is imm5562: Supplementary info: your travels, but i don't see space/box where the applicant can sign? am i looking at the correct form?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
For Forms that need to be validated to generate barcode, I'm unable to do so as mothers surname is blank in her passport and full name under given name. so I'm forced to leave that space blank on the form therefore unable to validate and generate barcode. in the guide it says applications will be returned without barcode.... very worried, how do i provide an explanation?
As you've mentioned, in guide 5772, you will find the following:
"
If you don’t have a family name on your passport or travel document, enter all given names in the family name field and leave the given name field blank.

If you don’t have a given name on your passport or travel document, leave the given name field blank.

"

Reactions: kparents

inder321

Star Member
Mar 12, 2015
Canada
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
N.A.
AOR Received.
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
25-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Planning in July
Waiting eagerly for the 2021 draw announcement

my parents are here on a supervisa and entered Canada in August 2019. Border officer gave them 2 years entry. I shall have to submit an extension request this July. Does anyone know if they are lenient on those requests. My income situation hasn’t changed everything is the same as when they got the original supervisa approved.

also for my peace of mind. Once I send in the extension request they can stay in Canada based on implied status right?
HI, i also need to file extension for my parent super visa. they came July 2019. I hope its easy process to file extension. can anyone share the information and process on extension. do i need to get the medical exams done for extension as well.

Reactions: Aspiring Canadian

dalsy2

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
CanadaPost delivered my application package with a status that says : Delivered to recipient's delivery partner. Is that normal - I was expecting a signature since I sent using XpressPost.
Mine says the same thing. The lady at Canada Post warned me right away they don't get signatures at the moment because of covid. It means they received your application, so all good!

Reactions: Kuldeep_Singh

popjess

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021

I double checked it on official website before sending out my package.
CPC-M-PGP - is for courier delivery

CPC-PGP is for mail delivery

they have the exactly same address!

Do not panic.