+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

djaulakh88

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Yes you must. You need the copy of the invitation email to apply for PR. Below is from the document check list

Parents and Grandparents Invitation to Apply Letter
Note: Include a copy of the invitation to apply letter with your confirmation number. Place this letter as the 1st page of your application package
(above the Document Checklist).
Sure, THanks for your reply. I will give them a call right now in this case

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
You can include one as the primary and list the other parent as non-accompanying. However both parents must be mentioned in the application since they are married. The parent who isn't coming will still have to pass a medical and you will still need to have enough LICO to cover both of them.
Hi scylla
When submit my interest to cic only my mother I apply for my sponsorship because my father has medical condition. As you said, both parents will undergo medical exams. If my father failed on his medical exams. Does this affects my mother application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi scylla
When submit my interest to cic only my mother I apply for my sponsorship because my father has medical condition. As you said, both parents will undergo medical exams. If my father failed on his medical exams. Does this affects my mother application?
Yes. Your father must take and pass the medical in order for your mother's application to be approved. If your father fails the medical, then your mother's application will be refused. It's both or none.

Reactions: nayr69sg and YVR123

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Yes. Your father must take and pass the medical in order for your mother's application to be approved. If your father fails the medical, then your mother's application will be refused. It's both or none.
Thank you scylla. Is there any way I can write a letter or form from cic not to include my father for sponsorship? I didn't not include him when I submitted my interest form because I know he will not pass the medical examination. Please advice. Thanks

Reactions: nayr69sg

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you scylla. Is there any way I can write a letter or form from cic not to include my father for sponsorship? I didn't not include him when I submitted my interest form because I know he will not pass the medical examination. Please advice. Thanks
No - there isn't. He must pass the medical as a condition of your mother's application being approved.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
You need to include both parents as long as they are alive. Both or none.

Why are you so sure he will not pass the medical?

You won the lottery so lucky! Just try and apply. Dont waste the spot. You could be wrong about the medical.

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
You need to include both parents as long as they are alive. Both or none.

Why are you so sure he will not pass the medical?

You won the lottery so lucky! Just try and apply. Dont waste the spot. You could be wrong about the medical.
He is currently on hemodialysis :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
He is currently on hemodialysis :(
Unfortunately you are correct he is very unlikely to qualify. You can’t sponsor only one parent so the ill parent isn’t abandoned in the home country. Not insinuating that your mother would do this but PGP was created as an all or nothing sponsorship for parents and any dependent disabled children. Unfortunately both children and spouses can be left behind. Spouses can also sponsor each other without the medical inadmissibility clause so if you were allowed to only sponsor your mother she could then sponsor your father negating the medical inadmissibility clause. As you are already aware dialysis is one of the major reason people are rejected because it is very expensive. I’m sorry. Sounds like you already applied. Has he already been denied for others visas?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please help. For the generic application for my husband’s mom, can she put legally separated in her status although there was no legal documents that she was indeed separated?They are in the Philippines and there is no divorce back home but they were separated more than 3 decades ago. Please help...
You will need to show that they have been living separately for 30 years. Things like proof of different addresses on leases/deeds, taxes, passport, ID etc. You can highlight that divorce is not possible which IRCC will be aware of.

teaquad

Jan 8, 2021
Ill be my parent's representative. im a bit confused with the back and forth of the application papers. im filling out the forms on their behalf, once filled ill email them the forms for them to sign and then have them courier it back to me from India along with the photos and then I forward it to CSC /ircc in Ottawa?
is this right or is there an easier way?

tikya

Star Member
Sep 4, 2012
App. Filed.......
01-11-2017
Unfortunately you are correct he is very unlikely to qualify. You can’t sponsor only one parent so the ill parent isn’t abandoned in the home country. Not insinuating that your mother would do this but PGP was created as an all or nothing sponsorship for parents and any dependent disabled children. Unfortunately both children and spouses can be left behind. Spouses can also sponsor each other without the medical inadmissibility clause so if you were allowed to only sponsor your mother she could then sponsor your father negating the medical inadmissibility clause. As you are already aware dialysis is one of the major reason people are rejected because it is very expensive. I’m sorry. Sounds like you already applied. Has he already been denied for others visas?
From the threads that I'm reading dialysis is one reason for denial. Actually, when I submit my interest to sponsor online last October 14 I only apply my mother because medical examination for my father will be an issue. No idea. I just found out recently when cic emailed the invitation that both parents will be considered in the application although my father is non accompanying.
No he hasn't bee denied for visas. He has tourist visa before. He started his dialysis 2 years ago :(

Anyways I will give it a try and will go from there. Maybe I could write a letter to cic that I only want my mother to be sponsored? well I don't know if that works??

Last edited:
Reactions: nayr69sg

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
From the threads that I'm reading dialysis is one reason for denial. Actually, when I submit my interest to sponsor online last October 14 I only apply my mother because medical examination for my father will be an issue. No idea. I just found out recently when cic emailed the invitation thats when I found out both parents will be considered in the application although my father is non accompanying.
No he hasn't bee denied for visas. He has tourist visa before. He started his dialysis 2 years ago :(

Anyways I will give it a try and will go from there. Maybe I could write a letter to cic that I only want my mother to be sponsored? well I don't know if that works??
Unfortunately it is both parents or nothing but you can certainly try.

Reactions: Qwertypod and tikya

MaryamsWorld

Jan 5, 2021
and another round of applications wrapped up. maybe 2021 is my year! do we know around when we should expect to submit the new round of interests?

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Hello, I am looking for help.....

In the Interest to Sponsor form, I entered my fathers names eparately in family name and given name section, however, in his passport, his complete name is mentioned under given name. Will this be an issue??? as guide says - your information should match with the information you entered in interest to sponsor form"