20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Good for you!

I also think they should keep the lottery in the name of fairness.

Even if I was still waiting I will also support the lottery!
BTW: This is my third try at getting selected for PGP application. Not my first.

Reactions: nayr69sg

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
To their credit they did listen and did change to the FIFO. But the FIFO being a competition made it unfair.

Any form of merit will carry the risk of being "unfair". There is no end to it.

So if we go on being 'fair' then the more likely they will keep the lottery.

Which is why I prefer not to argue on fairness.

Why is there a LICO to begin with? The strange thing is they won't allow income levels to be a determinant by merit though because that is "unfair".

Very hard to please everyone.

First step is to get them to end the lottery as a viable option. Then they have to work and come up with a more reasonable program.
Quebec is was and will be a part of Canada. Yes, things are little different in Quebec. Let me reiterate this, the reason Quebec has lower income bracket is because salaries are lower in Quebec so is the cost of living. If you make 100k in ON or AB and make $75k in Quebec its almost the same. Social benefits are better than rest of the country. Lets not divide an already divided country. Not sure how much you know about Quebec history and it ties before and after confederation. Comparing Quebec and rest of Canada is a sensitive topic, so lets be mindful.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Quebec is was and will be a part of Canada. Yes, things are little different in Quebec. Let me reiterate this, the reason Quebec has lower income bracket is because salaries are lower in Quebec so is the cost of living. If you make 100k in ON or AB and make $75k in Quebec its almost the same. Social benefits are better than rest of the country. Lets not divide an already divided country. Not sure how much you know about Quebec history and it ties before and after confederation. Comparing Quebec and rest of Canada is a sensitive topic, so lets be mindful.
Indeed sensitive.

https://www.jobillico.com/blog/en/the-average-canadian-salary-in-2020/

I always see Quebec compare themselves with ON and AB.

Canada also includes our Atlantic brethren. NB, PEI and NS. Where salaries are even lower than Quebec. Actually MB also has lower average salaries than QC too. But they abide by the Federal LICO requirements. To be fair maybe they should also have 1 year LICO requirements just like Quebec? But then where will it end? Do you adjust it every year which province is in that group or not? Why is it so difficult for Quebec to be like Atlantic Canada and also just follow the same Federal requirements? More of the same rather than everyone is different so we need our own special requirements? Why has QC decided that they are permanently and perpetually going to have lower average salaries than "the rest of Canada". Maybe instead of Quebec having their own special LICO requirements why not IRCC just lower the LICO requirements to 1 year for ALL OF CANADA.

Also when is Quebec going to sign the constitution finally? Please do.

As of 2020, the government of Quebec has never formally approved of the enactment of the act, though the Supreme Court concluded that Quebec's formal consent was never necessary[5] and 15 years after ratification the government of Quebec "passed a resolution authorizing an amendment."[6] Nonetheless, the lack of formal approval has remained a persistent political issue in Quebec. The Meech Lake and Charlottetown Accords were designed to secure approval from Quebec, but both efforts failed to do so.
There is only one province that has ever held a referendum to leave Canada. Quebec.

Of all the provinces there is only one province that currently has voted MPs in the house of commons that come from a party with a platform that promotes independence and sovereignty of the province. Quebec.

The Bloc Québécois (BQ; French pronunciation: [blɔk kebekwa], "Quebecer Bloc") is a federal political party in Canada devoted to Quebec nationalism and the promotion of Quebec sovereignty
besides my point about having Atlantic provinces also have a 1 year LICO system similar to Quebec I am only just stating facts. Whether or not you view that as sensitive or offensive or whatever is up to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: kwgcda and gayfish

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Of all the provinces there is only one province that currently has voted MPs in the house of commons that come from a party with a platform that promotes independence and sovereignty of the province. Quebec.
Yeah Quebec is really weird. The Federal govt bends over backwards to appease Quebec and Quebec uses this to throw tantrums all the time.
Quebec nationalism also regularly manifests as xenophobic sentiment even towards other non-Francophone Canadians.
I moved to Quebec specifically to take advantage of their 1 year rule, despite not really liking that aspect of it, and not speaking any French either (although I do plan on taking classes after covid).

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Yeah Quebec is really weird. The Federal govt bends over backwards to appease Quebec and Quebec uses this to throw tantrums all the time.
Quebec nationalism also regularly manifests as xenophobic sentiment even towards other non-Francophone Canadians.
I moved to Quebec specifically to take advantage of their 1 year rule, despite not really liking that aspect of it, and not speaking any French either (although I do plan on taking classes after covid).
part of the reason is political.

If you win the seats in Quebec and Ontario you win the Federal election. No need whatsoever to bother with the rest of Canada.

Get on the wrong side of Quebec and you are in trouble.

I think Quebec should really be a proud nation on their own. They deserve it. Canada is a poor excuse for their rich history and tradition.

Magic05

Aug 2, 2017
Can anyone advise if an affidavit or any other document can be provided in the absence of birth certificate of sponsor for proof of principal applicant's relationship to sponsor?

Curious12

Jul 19, 2017
I have a question: I entered both my parents names, and the application is selected. Can I go ahead and apply for only one of them?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a question: I entered both my parents names, and the application is selected. Can I go ahead and apply for only one of them?
You can include one as the primary and list the other parent as non-accompanying. However both parents must be mentioned in the application since they are married. The parent who isn't coming will still have to pass a medical and you will still need to have enough LICO to cover both of them.

Curious12

Jul 19, 2017
You can include one as the primary and list the other parent as non-accompanying. However both parents must be mentioned in the application since they are married. The parent who isn't coming will still have to pass a medical and you will still need to have enough LICO to cover both of them.
Thank you.

Reactions: tikya