Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
im not too sure if the tool has been updated with the 2020..

as it reads..
You were invited to submit a complete application during the first round. We must receive your complete application before June 28, 2019. Find out how to apply.

tuitui509

Jan 20, 2018
Total of Unique number of 203,213.
.counted with all number and letter combination. 16 hex number for first letter, and 16 hex for the second letter
combination about 16X 12500-12600 ~= 200,000
Could not get an export data out, but I believe someone could with the right tool and will see how many has been selected.

Reactions: itralala

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
To rub the salt on the wound, I just found out that some one I know got selected in lottery in 2018, but despite the parents getting PR they refused to come to Canada.

Reactions: nayr69sg

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Total of Unique number of 203,213.
.counted with all number and letter combination. 16 hex number for first letter, and 16 hex for the second letter
combination about 16X 12500-12600 ~= 200,000
Could not get an export data out, but I believe someone could with the right tool and will see how many has been selected.
I am also thinking if someone can check how many people got invitation. There are approximately 16*8000+16*5000=208 000 file number on tool.

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
A

Can I get a template for the email you sent to your MP. I think I’ll do the sam.
I filled in the contact form on her webpage. It was long, but I have typed something similar out below. The opinions and ideas are all mine, some of which I know some of you share, and I am sure many of you will disagree, but that is not what this is about. Feel free to copy and paste and amend accordingly.

I wrote something along the lines of:

Dear .....

I am contacting you regarding the Parent and Grandparent Immigration program.

I emigrated, along with my son, from XXXXX to your constituency in YEAR. I came with XX years of experience in PROFESSION and I continue to fulfil this role. I am pleased to be able to share my expertise with my Canadian co-workers. I am an active member of my local community GIVE EXAMPLES.

(This next bit may not apply to everyone, but you can edit accordingly)
My Parents both held professional careers for 40+ years. They have good pensions and savings, and would be self sufficient if they came to Canada. They also have fluency in English and some French. As their potential sponsor, I earn twice the required LICO sum. I am an only child, and my parents are my only living relatives, apart from my son. My parents do not need anything from Canada, only to be here, pay their taxes and see their grandson grow up.

I would appreciate if you could bring the following to the Immigration Minister's attention regarding the current program:

1. In 2019 we were advised that the PGP Sponsorship program would no longer act as a lottery, however there seems to have been a complete U-turn with the 2020 intake already having been completed by lottery, and confirmation that the 2021 intake will be done in the same manner. Why was this u-turn made?

2. To take part in the lottery draw, you need nothing more than a PR card/ passport. Many people take a chance at the lotto stage, even though they do not meet the criteria for selection. If I base numbers on an immigration forum I am on, it appears that almost 25% of invitations sent out were sent to people who were not eligible to sponsor, mostly because they did not meet the income criteria, but also because they decided to try this program to sponsor other relatives. That is 2500 heartbroken families earning well and paying their taxes in Canada who could have sponsored their parents. My suggestion to overcome this is that income should need to be proved at the Registration of Interest stage. It can be done very simply by applicants granting access to CRA online. I also suggest that a small charge is made at this stage, so of approximately $500. It is enough to deter people taking a chance, but not enough to put off genuine applicants, and will also generate some revenue for the IRCC.

3. Thirdly I would like to suggest that there is some consequence for those who are sent invitations and do not meet the criteria to apply, for example, a given period of time before they can apply again.

4. I would also like to suggest that the LICO values are increased, as those annual income rates are really not sufficient to support seniors in their retirement years.

5. Many people put in duplicate applications in the hope that an additional one will sneak through when they are filtered out. I was very cautious to get my application correct, and submit only one. How can we ensure that our single applications were not accidentally deleted? Surely there is a way to set up the system so that the same PR card/ Passport number cannot be entered twice.

6. Lastly, regarding the current system, why is the notification of interest list started afresh every year? As the 2020 notification of interest list was so late in the year, and encompasses the same tax returns as will be required for 2021 applicants, would it not make more sense to simply draw from the existing list?

Some changes to immigration options for Parents and Grandparents that I would like to suggest are:

1. A points based system open all year, where draws are made taking those with the most points, similar to that operated for Express Entry. Points could be awarded for financial assets of parents, language (as in all other streams) as well as income of sponsor and job security of sponsor based on our qualifications and NOC. All other immigration streams are merit based, so why should this one not also be?

2. The introduction of a retiree investment program, where retirees do not need a sponsor (but could be awarded points for having relatives in Canada). If they have sufficient assets, they could make investments as the Government directed, have to commit to leaving the money invested for a given period, prove they have assets to support themselves while their other money is tied up, and come and enjoy their retirement in Canada.

I appreciate your time, and look forward to receiving your support in this matter. My parents simply want to come to Canada, be self sufficient and pay their taxes here while they watch their grandson grow.

Kindest regards .......

Reactions: aonedoc

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
To rub the salt on the wound, I just found out that some one I know got selected in lottery in 2018, but despite the parents getting PR they refused to come to Canada.
That one is ok. It happens. I am sure many people get PR and never actually move to Canada to.

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
I filled in the contact form on her webpage. It was long, but I have typed something similar out below. The opinions and ideas are all mine, some of which I know some of you share, and I am sure many of you will disagree, but that is not what this is about. Feel free to copy and paste and amend accordingly.

I wrote something along the lines of:

Dear .....

I am contacting you regarding the Parent and Grandparent Immigration program.

I emigrated, along with my son, from XXXXX to your constituency in YEAR. I came with XX years of experience in PROFESSION and I continue to fulfil this role. I am pleased to be able to share my expertise with my Canadian co-workers. I am an active member of my local community GIVE EXAMPLES.

(This next bit may not apply to everyone, but you can edit accordingly)
My Parents both held professional careers for 40+ years. They have good pensions and savings, and would be self sufficient if they came to Canada. They also have fluency in English and some French. As their potential sponsor, I earn twice the required LICO sum. I am an only child, and my parents are my only living relatives, apart from my son. My parents do not need anything from Canada, only to be here, pay their taxes and see their grandson grow up.

I would appreciate if you could bring the following to the Immigration Minister's attention regarding the current program:

1. In 2019 we were advised that the PGP Sponsorship program would no longer act as a lottery, however there seems to have been a complete U-turn with the 2020 intake already having been completed by lottery, and confirmation that the 2021 intake will be done in the same manner. Why was this u-turn made?

2. To take part in the lottery draw, you need nothing more than a PR card/ passport. Many people take a chance at the lotto stage, even though they do not meet the criteria for selection. If I base numbers on an immigration forum I am on, it appears that almost 25% of invitations sent out were sent to people who were not eligible to sponsor, mostly because they did not meet the income criteria, but also because they decided to try this program to sponsor other relatives. That is 2500 heartbroken families earning well and paying their taxes in Canada who could have sponsored their parents. My suggestion to overcome this is that income should need to be proved at the Registration of Interest stage. It can be done very simply by applicants granting access to CRA online. I also suggest that a small charge is made at this stage, so of approximately $500. It is enough to deter people taking a chance, but not enough to put off genuine applicants, and will also generate some revenue for the IRCC.

3. Thirdly I would like to suggest that there is some consequence for those who are sent invitations and do not meet the criteria to apply, for example, a given period of time before they can apply again.

4. I would also like to suggest that the LICO values are increased, as those annual income rates are really not sufficient to support seniors in their retirement years.

5. Many people put in duplicate applications in the hope that an additional one will sneak through when they are filtered out. I was very cautious to get my application correct, and submit only one. How can we ensure that our single applications were not accidentally deleted? Surely there is a way to set up the system so that the same PR card/ Passport number cannot be entered twice.

6. Lastly, regarding the current system, why is the notification of interest list started afresh every year? As the 2020 notification of interest list was so late in the year, and encompasses the same tax returns as will be required for 2021 applicants, would it not make more sense to simply draw from the existing list?

Some changes to immigration options for Parents and Grandparents that I would like to suggest are:

1. A points based system open all year, where draws are made taking those with the most points, similar to that operated for Express Entry. Points could be awarded for financial assets of parents, language (as in all other streams) as well as income of sponsor and job security of sponsor based on our qualifications and NOC. All other immigration streams are merit based, so why should this one not also be?

2. The introduction of a retiree investment program, where retirees do not need a sponsor (but could be awarded points for having relatives in Canada). If they have sufficient assets, they could make investments as the Government directed, have to commit to leaving the money invested for a given period, prove they have assets to support themselves while their other money is tied up, and come and enjoy their retirement in Canada.

I appreciate your time, and look forward to receiving your support in this matter. My parents simply want to come to Canada, be self sufficient and pay their taxes here while they watch their grandson grow.

Kindest regards .......
Thats perfect. I will send to my MP this week. I am just so upset. I cant support my parent the way they supported me. :(

Reactions: TicTocCroc

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Thats perfect. I will send to my MP this week. I am just so upset. I cant support my parent the way they supported me. :(
Exactly how I feel. There is only them, my son and me. I don't have any other close relatives.

Deffy2016

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2016
AOR Received.
SA received March 15 2016
File Transfer...
March 24 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
November 2015
Passport Req..
October 24th 2016
There is a way to checkmate such activities. Just impose a fees of CAD 100 per every interest to sponsor application filed online and payable online while signing and submitting the request.

The people who receive ITA will get to adjust CAD 100 already made and the rest would forfeit the fees paid. This will also drastically reduce the number of interest to sponsor applicants, duplicate applications and casual applications who do not qualify technically. Thus only serious applicants will remain in fray and with better or higher chances to get picked up in the lottery.

And this will also generate some income for IRCC.
And what happens to people who don’t get selected? Do they get a refund?..lol! This sytem would give the government a lot of money as they won’t process any refunds for those who don’t get selected. It would be too time consuming