+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2020

jas1989

Mar 24, 2015
Hi Team - my mother cannot read or write in hindi/english. Her passport also has a thumb impression in place of a signature. I am wondering what to do in the region which asks for the signature of the applicant. Can she put the thumb impression or learn to write her name at the age of 72 ?

Get signature in Punjabi or thumb print. They accept both @jotgrewal

Reactions: jotgrewal

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Yes, you are right. They ask only for sponsor's birth certificate; and not parents.

How you are fulfilling the criteria related to parents' marriage certificate and curriculam vitae?

Thanks
Although the best option would be to get a marriage certificate if they are married, if not married then alternate is to sign the FORM IMM5409 (Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union)

Kapsajan70

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hi everyone,

Need Advise, my Sister in Law is single and she is over 18 year and doing on her own (Job) but staying with my MIL( My MIL is widowed), still we have to fill IMM008 Dependent form. Please advise.

Thanks for feedback in advance.

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Looking for some help/advice on IMM 5768e-Financial Evaluation for parents sponsorship

Im the sponsor, my wife is the co-signer and we have a 7-year-old son- so 3 + my parents being sponsored a total of 5

Now:Section: Financial requirement: Box 7: comes to 5 (total no. of persons to calculate minimum income)

Section 9-details of your family members & persons included in undertakings in effect or not yet in effect signed by you & co-signer

i put my wife (co-signer) and son's details >>is this correct? do i also include my details as well?

section 10 complete this section only if your spouse is co-signing the undertaking:
i put my wife & sons name down>>>correct?

Sec 11:your spouse if they are not co-signing >left blank
12: every other family member not listed above & dependent on you financially->also left blank
is the above correct?

TIA
The answer to Section 9 & 10 depends if you have previously sponsored anyone, if not then just put "N/A" in those sections. Else you need to provide info about person(s) you or your spouse have sponsored in past (for which the sponsorship is still active)

Hope it helps

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Hi everyone,

Need Advise, my Sister in Law is single and she is over 18 year and doing on her own (Job) but staying with my MIL( My MIL is widowed), still we have to fill IMM008 Dependent form. Please advise.

Thanks for feedback in advance.
Any one under the age of 22 is considered dependent, so your SIL should be eligible as long as she stays single during the application process.

You can read more details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/dependent-children.html

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Reactions: jotgrewal

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Any one under the age of 22 is considered dependent, so your SIL should be eligible as long as she stays single during the application process.

You can read more details: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/dependent-children.html
Do we have to fill any kind of dependent information on any of the form about children of my in-laws if they are married and above the age of 22 ?

Kapsajan70

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019

Thanks Jot, she is 44 so that being said she will not be treated as Dependent.

Also my FIL passed away in 2017 and during travel history form should i have to mention his travel history as well, Pls Advise.

Thanks

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Do we have to fill any kind of dependent information on any of the form about children of my in-laws if they are married and above the age of 22 ?
Any one above age 22 & married is technically not considered dependent, but yes you will have to include their info in the Additional Family Info Form IMM5406e, regardless of their age or marital status.

Reactions: YVR123

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
Thanks Jot, she is 44 so that being said she will not be treated as Dependent.

Also my FIL passed away in 2017 and during travel history form should i have to mention his travel history as well, Pls Advise.

Thanks
Oh, I thought your SIL is 18 year.
But yea you got the point, so age 44, not eligible.

Reg. your FIL, as he is not part of the application so no, his travel history is not needed, only for those who are on the application need to provide their travel history.